FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What heartache. I am so sorry that you lost your friend. Sometimes there just aren’t enough words of comfort. Big hugs.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had Java for many years. When I first got him you could hardly handle him. He was downright dangerous.

Within a few months of being loved he completely turned around and was the friendliest horse we had. The boys just loved him.

Also we lost 14 more kits today.

I hate this cold weather. I’ve lost almost 40 young rabbits and two adults to these extreme weather swaps. I need to get a building for them with electricity because the non electrified building they’re in isn’t cutting it.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've decided any more babies born will be brought inside! I'm tired of losing babies. :he:he

Totally avoidable. The worst part is I checked on the 14 newest ones last night and this morning . They didn't chill until around noon when the wind picked up. Even with lamps and extra straw they chilled. It's frustrating. :hitWe put all of them under a chick heat plate and four tried to come back around. Only two survived. A cute Vienna marked black and a blue.

Can't dwell on losses. Just pick up, rebreed, and try again.:idunno:idunno

I'm pretty bummed in how today went. I'm really going to miss Java. He was super sweet and loved attention. He would knock you down for peppermint pieces. :love:love Gentle giant at over 17hh.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Packing for a show this weekend and decided to pop in.

Langdon had another big first yesterday. First time visiting a rodeo! We spent the whole day there. It was nice to be able to get out and do something that wasn’t planned. We went at our own leisurely pace, and the whole family got to spend time together.

My mom was reunited with her best friend from childhood. They were a riot. It was fun hearing the stories I’ve grown up listening to coming from the second half of them.

F1B62EBE-B79C-44AA-AD70-9DF2DB9ADFF1.jpeg
77D069D3-0D8D-4B0D-8BEF-F7B61DA11EEE.jpeg
CCDD96DC-5C2D-4434-B874-45E32C2F5C03.jpeg

Getting ready to bathe chickens for this weekend now that we’ve got the truck all packed up. I’m ready for a day of nothing. We’ve been going and going and going for two weeks now and my fibromyalgia is flaring up. I can hardly get around today.