FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah.

He's a retired racehorse who retired after n being caught in a gate. I guess he had a flashback of the accident. Instead of pulling his hoof through the way it went in he pulled straight back and flipped, taking everything with him. thankfully he was pinned down and I was able to pull him loose. Poor Diva was abandoned on the stand, I had to run for it!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just when you think you've got your horse trained and you're brilliant, they do something incredibly stupid. Good thing you got to him quickly and no major damage was done to him. Sometimes I believe horses plot for that one extravaganza moment to scare you out of ten years of your life. Then you're so glad that he didn't break a leg, you forgive him for all the damage done. SCORE: horse 25 points. Owner: zero.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad your horse is ok.

Regarding Diva and her spilling the bucket... have you considered milking into a hand held smaller container and then pouring that into the bucket which is not in harm's way? If you are milking two handed to get both sides at the same time what I suggest certainly would slow you down... but on the third hand you would have the milk.... but then on the fourth hand I've had my goaties, darlings that they are, manage to put a hoof in the hand held smaller container. Frustrating to be sure but the majority of the milk is saved.

Let us know what you do regarding Diva. Could be she just needs to wrap her head around the fact she is going to be milked, period.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Diva is just out of practice. She's coming along nicely and today the only incidents were involving other creatures.

Fridas udder is so velvety soft. I love it.

Heres poor Tennessee meeting the bucks for the first time. Theyre getting along great, no incidents. He got kicked out of the baby pen because mounting behavior has started. No need in accidental pregnancies. He's a big boy.

20170326_193756.jpg

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh wow, good thing you were there when that gate accident happened, glad your horse wasn't badly hurt.