FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:celebrate

So glad she is doing well and didn't loose a leg! We've had a leg loss on one of our bucks...

I had to carry a pregnant Saanen when she was in labor- talk about adrenaline!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ferguson K
Didn't you watch the ADGA national show?
This is something Jen-Mae-Ka kids posted on their FB page...
The year Chevron was attacked by a dog on her neck to the point it looked like it was shredded by a tiger and we stacked up hay bales and bags of feed to keep her positioned up right and her head supported since she couldn't lift it off the ground. Didn't think she would make it let alone recover to show at nationals (and earn 4th place!)

Of course this is a whole different situation, but you never know!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very glad to hear she is back safe :weee. Hope for a quick recovery!!
:hugs

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad she is home and yes, having 4 legs is good when you are a goat. Awesome vets are the best and so glad there was one to help you out. Hoping and praying for a full recovery.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You've definitely had your share of bad luck for the year, with enough spare to carry over for a few more. :( So glad you found her in time to save her life. 4 legs and healthy, even if scarred is preferable to the alternative. Grats on your showing at Dallas, nicely done. Sorry for the loss of Grampa and welcoming the newborn to the world as we know it.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Damsel is up and eating this morning. Lots of fluid leaked out last night and I had to clean her up good. She's calling for Zinnia, and Zinnia wants to get next to her so bad. I can't let them interact in fear of Damsel tearing it back open. Breaks my heart.