FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Currently we have 9 cats, 8 dogs, 30+/- goats, 3 horses, parakeets, and umpteen chickens.

Full time job just caring for everyone!

John is all for keeping the remaining kittens. We just have to get them fixed... no big deal except it takes me months to save it up! LOL!

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Connie keeps losing her supper to the nigis.

20170515_194755.jpg

20170515_194808.jpg

Attachments

• 20170515_194814.jpg
    20170515_194814.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 76

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got a couple of bucks that like to eat the dog food. But, Marvel chases them away from the food.
I've got a couple of this years kids that have acquired a taste for it too.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only problem with dog food we encounter is raccoons and possums. They come right up on the porch at night and eat it out of the dog bowls.
My dogs know that anything that comes on the porch is off limits, so they leave 'em alone.

When I'm feeding creep feed just before and after weaning, the coons, possums, and crows put a really big dent in my feed bill. Can't keep them out of the feeders and my game cams show whole families coming for supper, midnight snacks and before dawn breakfast every 24 hours.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only problem with dog food we encounter is raccoons and possums. They come right up on the porch at night and eat it out of the dog bowls.
My dogs know that anything that comes on the porch is off limits, so they leave 'em alone.

When I'm feeding creep feed just before and after weaning, the coons, possums, and crows put a really big dent in my feed bill. Can't keep them out of the feeders and my game cams show whole families coming for supper, midnight snacks and before dawn breakfast every 24 hours.

pretty bold of them!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score

We have whole families of opposum in the woods... we have lots of feral chcikens that hatch out more feral chcikens all the time... free food for the opposum! Yet the stupid things want an easy meal and go into the fields where the dogs are... end of opposum. Funny how everything likes dog food.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have whole families of opposum in the woods... we have lots of feral chcikens that hatch out more feral chcikens all the time... free food for the opposum! Yet the stupid things want an easy meal and go into the fields where the dogs are... end of opposum. Funny how everything likes dog food.

So does your son go out and shoot one of those wild chickens for supper sometimes?