FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've had some late bloomers. It seems our late bloomers end up being the best with the ladies... they court them and woo them. Our does love the gentlemanly (new word :p) bucks.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We find our's are generally trying at 5-6months old but no proven success yet lol. Our little rams are trying to breed the ewes and it is pretty hilarious.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's trying.

He hasn't started blubbering or peeing yet

But the does sure have noticed him!!

He's penned inside their pasture. They're in lurveeee.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Updates on two of our bucks, Shooter and Richard.

Shooter is the one I got in the package deal from a friend that was behind on the growth chart. He went from 22.1 lbs to a WHOPPING 55 lbs in a very short time. He's filling out fast, this one!

This is Shooter two days after we brought him home:
SHOOTER.jpg

This is Shooter now.
Texas Elite Caprine Shooter 2.jpg

Texas Elite Caprine Shooter 3.jpg

Texas Elite Caprine Shooter.jpg

I didn't have any help getting him set up, but this is more about his record growth than his appearance ( although I must say he's quite a handsome little guy. ;) )

This is Richard now:
The Great Richard2.jpg

The Great Richard3.jpg

Even as an F6 Mini Nubian, I think I would like to see more size on Richard. His sole purpose is to breed my Boer ladies since his paperwork will take quite a bit to 'find'. I would have to help her go back three generations of breeding to get everyone registered, and I'm not that worried about it. He's going to make pretty milking babies for my milk stand and pretty wether pets. That's his job. o_O

Reactions: TAH

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been about a month since their last fecal. I'll be taking one Tuesday when I take Lyra and Damsel in for their health certificates. I'm not aiming for a 0, but if they're significantly less than they were with them gaining well now I may hit them one last time and be done for a while.

Shooter's last fecal was :thumbsup according to the vet.

He's still quite small, but, he's grown significantly.

Latest posts