Finally got my goats!

Michael & Donna

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We haven't tested for anything. Owner says they are healthy and spoiled.

Michael & Donna

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She's alpine/nd. By far the nosy one but most friendly. Twinkle toe. Lol

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new herd! They look great! I lost touch with the home build... Is that completed now? How'd those hard wood floors come out?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
The one in the first picture? She doesn't look alpine at all. She looks total Nigerian, that surprises me. I have two Mini Alpines, sisters. One looks just like an alpine and the other one could nearly pass as pure Nigie. Genetics are funny.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the new goats, oh how I envy them :love I have until next year until I start off my goatie herd, so I will feed my goatie obsession with cute pics :plbb

Reactions: TAH

Michael & Donna

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats on your new herd! They look great! I lost touch with the home build... Is that completed now? How'd those hard wood floors come out?

That's a sad story. If anyone of you has ever lived by family you may understand. We were a couple of weeks away from the kids moving in. On schedule to finish it by January. We had to walk away from it. We have plans to tear it down and rebuild soon on our OWN land this time. Living by a mean alcoholic who controls the land became an emotionally and physical dangerous situation. Thanks for asking though. It was beautiful but we will build again At least we can salvage 90% of the materials. Only losing sheetrocks and one room of flooring.

Michael & Donna

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The one in the first picture? She doesn't look alpine at all. She looks total Nigerian, that surprises me. I have two Mini Alpines, sisters. One looks just like an alpine and the other one could nearly pass as pure Nigie. Genetics are funny.

That's what I was told. I have no idea about goat breeds yet. Chickens yes I'm pretty good at. Goats not yet lol

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on your goats! That's a great deal for so many, and one that you can milk right away, too. Keep milking, there's lots of reasons you might not be getting much right now, but I'll let the goat folks chime in on that.

Sorry the house situation didn't turn out well :( Hope your new plans work out.