FINALLY, Hillary kidded

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
He's going to be a wether, he was reserved for that purpose before he was even conceived, :lol:

I really needed him to be 2 bucklings, not one HUGE one...I still need 3 more Nub kids to fill 'orders' and only one preggo Nub left.

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Very nice looking buckling! Like the white belt on him. What is the normal weight range for nubian kids? The smallest kid I have had so far was 7 lbs? I must feed my girls too much. LOL!:D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Twins average 6-8# (for us). I've had some trips and quads where 1 or 2 are 'big' (8 lbs) and the others are 4-5#, so I'd say 7 is pretty average here.
10# is just the biggest Nubian I've had born here. 3 extra pounds might not sound like much but it sure LOOKS like a lot more kid, :D
Compared to one of our 14# Boer x Kiko kids, though...he'd look like a skinny runt.
He may get to keep his junk after all...the lady who reserved him as a wether is thinking he'd make a good buck, too, after she saw his dam's udder this year. It's really well attatched.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cute boy!

greenfamilyfarms said:
Yay! At least one of ours kidded before we went insane. I guess that leaves me sitting here pulling my hair out by myself.
We can pull our hair together. I've got one first freshener that I don't have a clue when she's due (accident breeding) and she keeps tricking me into thinking she's about to have a baby, and another one who was supposed to be due this week but now isn't looking like she's close at all!

Latest posts