Finally Kidded yesterday (pics pg. 1)!

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One of our Nigerian does seems to have lost her ligaments this morning and her right side bulge is about gone. Her Udder is wonderfully full, but she is acting as normal as ever. She never discharged any mucus that I saw. Just when you think you know what is going to happen when, they throw you a curve ball! Let me just add this :pop Y'all are gonna have to bring your own butter!

Chris
Here are the pics... She had a single and it is polled like Momma. We can't rule out Herme's yet, but it looks female.
425_little_buckskin_kid.jpg

425_little_buckskin_kid002.jpg

425_little_buckskin_kid003.jpg

One more to go with this breeding!

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The pics will come as soon as she gives up the kids. The sire of these kids has always produced some great colors and Mama is a beautiful red, so I can't wait to see what she gives us. She has not shown any signs of discomfort yet. She is a big Nigerian as far as Nigerians go, so she shouldn't have any trouble. It is her first freshening though and she has a wonderful udder. Now it is just the waiting game. Last week was quick, so I guess this one is going to make me wait.

Chris

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey Famer Kitty! I see you have a St. Bernard. He or she would be really close to the age of my Big Dog if he were still with me. Mine came from Kenosha. He was BBIGG!! 220lbs and not fat! Best dog I ever had. He had a great life and a dog that big doesn't last as long as we want them to. I am also a displaced Cheesehead, originally from Milton (near Janesville).

Chris

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know you are a displaced cheesehead, we have PMed at BYC about family trees. ;)

Not sure what Penny weighs. The vet sees her when they are out for herd health so she doesn't go in and get weighed. She is big though. Extremely hard of hearing anymore and spends most of the day sleeping but, still a loved family member. BTW, Saints average life span is 6-8 years. That is why I'm counting so close in my sig. Her birthday is July 4th!

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well no kids yet. She is primed and ready... Of all the kids this year I really want to see hers! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Chris

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Griffin's Ark said:
Well no kids yet. She is primed and ready... Of all the kids this year I really want to see hers! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Chris
Well then we will be waiting awhile to see them. It's the way it always seems to go, no matter what type of animal.