Finally, long awaited Mouflon Baby!

Southdown

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is neat to see rare breeds. They are neat looking aren't they. They kind of look graceful or something. Yes, good photographer.

boothcreek

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

They are still doing good, momma has gotten more skiddish now since she has her lil one, but baby doesn't seem to care that mom thinks everything is horrible now. She plowed into my legs yesterday playing like a mad thing, running up and down out driveway in flying leaps up to 4 ft in the air. So funny to watch.
I came around the corner and she slid to a stop at my feet to then run away bucking and kicking, then looked at me like " what? your not chasing me? Cool!" and came running right back bucking and running circles between me and the rest of the herd.

They are cool sheep thats for sure.

Next year I will have a 1/4 california bighorn sheep 3/4 mouflon lamb. Getting a X ram in a few months, just to see what that cross looks like. I know the 1/2 cal BHS 1/2 Euro Mouf ewe at the breeders is almost undistinguishable from the pure moufs.

I would love to one day bring up an Armenian Mouflon Ram from the US, their horns curl differently then the European and they are redder in colour.
So many plans, so little time(or money......the Armenians cost an arm and a leg when from good pure stock).