Finally!!!! We have Merry's little buckling!

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Sounds like fun. NOT! So sorry for you Jer. They will, no doubt, have you on your toes with unnecessary bleats that sound like life or death calls, but you have to do what you have to do. Trim and prune and try not to get too upset by their annoying antics. You know the word "diva" is Latin for "doe". :plbb

JerTheVintner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
3:30 am commotion, not from the goats, but from my son who is home for Spring Break, hit a deer and messed up his brother's car. While I was up, I checked the goaties and Frodo's ligs are gone. I sat with her for a bit to see if she was having contractions yet. She is normally the quiet one who never makes a sound, but every time I would get up to leave she who make a little whimpering noise. Finally after a bit, I left and could hear her continue to make the most pathetic tiny whimpering noises. I will come back in an hour and see what's what. I hope this isn't just more of the Doe Code manipulation. When I left, there was no goo and she just wanted to lie on the floor

JerTheVintner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Frodo might be having contractions. There is a little goo and every 10 minutes or so she seems to get all tense and the tail goes straight up and her entire backside goes rigid and she bleats in her quiet mewing little voice.

She then walks over to the hay feeder and pretends to eat but really just noses around in the hay on the ground. It could get exciting soon. I am pretty sure she is having at least 2 maybe more based on all the activity inside her right side the past few weeks. I really hope this goes smoothly!:barnie

JerTheVintner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
11:20 am a perfect little doeling. Everything went well. Mom and baby are bonding now waiting for placenta to pass. She delivered lying down on her side. Frodo seems to be a little sensitive in the udder area and nursing seems uncomfortable but baby got a good latch on both sides and is up and walking and doing great. I did a bounce and didn't feel anything more so I think we are done. At least until Merry is ready, but her ligs are still there.

This is a pretty happy herd and I am wondering if I need to separate them from the rest. Bad phone pictures to follow once I have everything cleaned up and have a moment.:woot

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Awwww, congratulations! :clapI'm so glad all went well! When my goat kidded I kept her and her kids separated from the rest of the herd for about a week, so they could bond, and so the kids would be safe from the other goats.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats! That's awesome that all went well for your first go-round. So I'll just :pop waiting on pics and the next delivery! :thumbsup

JerTheVintner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here is a picture. I will take a ton more when I get a chance. We are still debating names, but she is definitely a keeper!

Attachments

• 20160326_133430.jpg
    20160326_133430.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts