1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay Baler - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Finding better hay.

Discussion in 'Feeding Time - Rabbits' started by Marie28, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mar 15, 2017
    Marie28

Marie28 Overrun with beasties

My car has turned in to a storage unit... Not to happy about it but I doubt we will be moving the stuff out until this summer.
    20 PVC pipes hanging out the passenger window while it was snowing going 55 mph was the last thing I tried to transport. I though for sure my window was going to break.

People around here seem to use the paper for a lot of things, but I will check craigslist too.

2. Mar 17, 2017
    DutchBunny03

DutchBunny03 Loving the herd life

Mine wouldn't eat the TSC stuff either. Once you use more than 1/2 of the bag, all it is is dust! If you have a horse or cow feed store nearby, try there. The feed hay for horses is great for rabbits. They LOVE it, and its great for nests, too.

Marie28 likes this.
  3. Mar 17, 2017
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

Waste is why I used horse hay cubes instead for the rabbits. They ate most of it, tiny end fell through floor. They make different types of cubes.

4. Mar 17, 2017
    promiseacres

promiseacres True BYH Addict

Am fortune we make our own grass hay for the horses and bunnies, not Timothy but ok stuff. And yes they will waste it no matter. Some rabbits prefer pellets to hay and vice versa. I feed pellets am, hay pm. Much less waste of both.