First Katahdin lamb might arrive today

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Aw, sorry you lost the ewe Liz! that's always so hard. I remember those days from goats. It's never easy with these animals.

Still no lambs here. I finally had enough of her constant hollering to be with the rest of the sheep and turned her loose. I moved my LGD pups out of the pasture because they are too young to handle lambing correctly and I didn't want anything bad to happen. so the dogs are back with the rams and the ewes are on their own to have their lambs whenever they decide to. I am checking them all 3 times a day. Hopefully that will be enough. Grrrrrrrrr.......... why can't these critters do anything by the book???

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
carolinagirl said:
Aw, sorry you lost the ewe Liz! that's always so hard. I remember those days from goats. It's never easy with these animals.

Still no lambs here. I finally had enough of her constant hollering to be with the rest of the sheep and turned her loose. I moved my LGD pups out of the pasture because they are too young to handle lambing correctly and I didn't want anything bad to happen. so the dogs are back with the rams and the ewes are on their own to have their lambs whenever they decide to. I am checking them all 3 times a day. Hopefully that will be enough. Grrrrrrrrr.......... why can't these critters do anything by the book???
'Cause they didn't read it :p

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your ewe. But very glad that the lamb took the bottle so willingly.

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The ram lamb is guzzling his bottle down each time & is doing well. Here is a pic of him this morning:

Star8.jpg

He is headed to his new home tomorrow so that will save us money & time. We are going to make him a wether before he leaves here. Another job to do tomorrow!

As for the ewe lamb that we pulled on Thursday evening both mama & daughter are doing great. Here they are this morning also out enjoying the nice fresh grass:

Cornish-28.jpg

Liz