First time goat keeper with very sick doeling

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The box should tell you the dosing information as far as how much and how many days.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually dose for at least 4 days. It is supposed to be long acting and in cattle you don't have to give it daily but in goats I always give it every 24 hours for 4 days. It is too bad the vet wouldn't give banamine, I would still contact the other vet. The banamine will help with the remodeling of the lungs if she does indeed have pneumonia. I would still try to get some. If her temp does not come down to normal tomorrow I would think about asking the other vet for some Nuflor.

Bfrazier1988

Just born
Reaction score
The box should tell you the dosing information as far as how much and how many days.
The box only showed dose rates for cattle and swine and there is a vast difference in rates per 100 between each. That's why I was asking. But after researching and recommendations from this post I went with 3cc per 100.

Bfrazier1988

Just born
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their kind words and advice, I will try and post updates as to her condition and hopefully she continues to improve.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
It gets confusing as it mentions mg/lb of Duramycin and not the actual amount of the drug as supplied. It also talks about diluted or undiluted, very confusing. Plus they give it one time or multiple times depending on diluted or not. I go by the chart undiluted 1.1cc/25 lbs and I do it daily as goats metabolize drugs much faster. Hope she keeps getting better.

Latest posts