First Time Kidding Thread

Amarisus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I thought I would go ahead and start my own kidding thread as my girls are getting pretty close now(I think/hope) :) I have two mini-manchas That were bred to a Nigerian Dwarf buck. We are friends with the lady who owns the buck so they stayed with him for about a month (you know, just to be sure ;)) So the earliest possible due date is March 31st The latest is in April. They are already looking pretty big so I'm hoping sooner than later! This is my first time ever with kidding goats so I'm super nervous and super excited! Here are some pics! The black and white one (Ethel) is alot friendlier so I have more pics of her lol The brown one is Lucy. Heres Ethel about a month ago
goaty.jpg

here she is today
gty2.jpg
gty3.jpg

Here's Lucy
gty.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very nice looking mini-manchas. Keep us posted as to your, or their, progress. Pictures, you do know, are really required especially kid pictures.

The doe in my avatar is due the third week in April. I keep telling her I want a red headed doeling so I can name her Lucy. Got to come up with my own Ethel too doncha know! ;)

Amarisus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks, I will definitely keep you posted and baby pictures will be up as soon as they arrive :) your doe is very pretty! I would like see pics of her kids too!

taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah! I love kidding threads! I love your does. I can't wait to see the babies soon!!!!;). def. keep us updated!

Amarisus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Getting close! Their udders have gotten huge!
20140328_130731_resized_1.jpg

20140328_130848_resized_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20140328_130722_resized_1.jpg
    20140328_130722_resized_1.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 116
  • pg.jpg
    pg.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 96

Amarisus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So Lucy was acting funny this morning, but I had to leave for a party. When we got back my husband comes running up out of breath saying "come quick!" and I'm like "don't mess with me because thats not funny..." he tells me he's not joking and I run down to the goat pen to find not 1 or 2 but 3 healthy little baby goats!! Two does and a buck! So excited! They were already nursing and standing and she had them cleaned and everything! Such a good momma! :celebrate
The buck
babyg2.jpg

The doe that looks just like mommy
babyg3.jpg

and the little girl with ears
IMG_6019_resized_1.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg

taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congratulations! I am so happy they were all healthy for you :) And 3 BABIES! That's great new!!!! They are adorable! And I didn't know that in the same litter of mini Manchas some could have ears and some wouldn't have ears.