First time lambing

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya know, if ya kept them out of "Sight", ya could tell the neighbors the land is Haunted....there is enough sounds at night to keep'em Guessing. Ya can take a cotton string and wax it really good with beeswax tie one end around a toothpick, punch a hole big enough for the string to fit thru in an oatmeal container (Quaker) at both ends and run string thru both holes. Grip the string between thumb and index finger and slide them down the string while pulling gently on the string. This makes a very eerie sound that startles most people. :)

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My husband and I were thinking that too. I want turkeys, more chickens we used to have hundreds but they got ate by Fox or killed by hiney holes driving to fast. Our property is split by the road it is on both sides, buildings are adjacent to each other and surrounded by corn just harvested. The farmer who leases it has huge herds of cattle who would be more than happy ro move them there and let us care for them. The neighbors have a pool in their backyard and had parties often, the guests would love the stench from those cows. The husband stays at home and he is very anal about cutting the grass because he hasnothing to do. He only leaves when his wife is home. His 2 large dogs bark at any person walking on the road anybody outside the houses or our front and back yard . When the horses and sheep are grazing close to where the fence is, it's about 159 ft behind their pool The dogs go up and roll I'm manure and bring it back into the house. That's not my fault . if you had proper fencing around your underground pool that you need to in this state maybe the dogs wouldn't get out. or if you trained the psycho dogs. I get its annoying when dogs bark constantly but maybe don't lock them in crates in garage.

Update on sheep she is still swelling but doesn't seem dilated. No blood or sac. She was very restless and agitated today. She is locked inside with plenty of feed water hay and the building is insulated very well it is not that cold in their. Her utters have gotten a lot bigger since yesterday. I hope everything is okay I feel like she should have had them already but I think I'm just nervous. I hope she don't have them tonight because I got hit with migraine and need sleep

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The property is from 1812, the barn hid slaves escaping and was a safe haven on he underground rail road. It is haunted no doubt about that. they don't believe in that "crap"

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry you have to deal with all that crap. What a shame losing a building and animals to fire. Your neighbors sound like the kind of folks all us country folk need to have some of. NOT!!! Hope everything goes OK with your remaining sheep. Also hope you can break the migraine as I well remember what they are like from my youth.

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. There is lot of legal problems going on with my husband and I . A car accident from 3 years ago the guy suing for 75k he owes thousands in other law suits he just wants money to pay them the accident was hit fault and I had a lower spine injury I didn't sue but we are looking into it now. I need this birth to just go perfect I can't take anyour more stress

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well just "Catch your Breath" and handle those things as they come. Sure hope ya can get it all "Sorted Out" and the "Birthing" goes very Well for ya. Worry has never "Solved" anything, or even "Changed" anything....it just causes ya to think "Irrationally" and "Burns" the stomach...while "Raising the BP. :)

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She is still agitated and has clear discharge but she is darker and she's pointed down and it has doubled in size. I guess Friday would be the day and I think it will be.

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20170202_105641.jpg

Attachments

• 20170202_105641.jpg
    20170202_105641.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 117

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
This may be an odd question, but are you 100% sure that she is pregnant? You said that they were bred in late July, but if that was the case they should have lambed in December or January. Though if the date is that uncertain, I guess they could have been bred later than July.

And you said that her udder has always been this big? I only ask because I have been sold "bred" ewes a number of times who were just separated from their lambs and therefore had an in-milk udder and were certainly not bred (which I found out 5 months later, of course). I hope that this is not the case with your ewe and that she has her lambs soon. She does look awfully big in the belly!