First time lambing

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She is pregnant she and her sister were with the ram 2 months before we got her. we had our goats mount them when we got them here but I don't think it's from him. The sister just went into labor last week, I emailed the guy we got them from and since they don't know the exact dates he said his wife checked the calender and the end of January beginning of February is when they should deliver. I told him about Ela and I am worrying to much at each sign. I guess I worry labor will start when she started having discharge I thought just my luck she'd lamb that night. Her udders have gotten significantly bigger and vulva has swollen twice the size since Monday. She is definitely pregnant there is movement in her belly. I've never owned sheep I lambed before and I'm not letting anything bad happen on my watch.

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They lambed once before we got them. almost a year prior to when we got that they didn't have udders really at all the lambs were sold after weaned.

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I contacted the guy we got them from he said he has 4 ewes give birth in the past 10 days and sent him pictures of my girl who thinks she'll lamb tonight or tomorrow . She has not had problem with any births before and said she knows what to do and once her sac breaks shell go in 30 mins. I am praying for the best !

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I contacted the guy we got them from he said he has 4 ewes give birth in the past 10 days and sent him pictures of my girl who thinks she'll lamb tonight or tomorrow . She has not had problem with any births before and said she knows what to do and once her sac breaks shell go in 30 mins. I am praying for the best !
:fl

Novasark

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
UPDATE!! She went into labor middle of the night sat am, around 4.30 in the morning. Twin boys. Came out as easy as one, two and theres the placenta. They are solid boys and are not under weight at all. Havent decided on names yet but im thinking Sampson and Sebastian, Solomon? Boy A is all white with 3 black pea size spots on right ear. Boy B is grey and tan ombre with black and white patches all over. Mama is doing so good she does not let those lambs out of her site and when they see us they come hopping right up and suckle everything! I know God was on my side I told him I was going to stop raising animals and won't open a rescue if I lose the lambs. I know this is a sign, things are going to start looking up for us now!
20170205_192819.jpg
20170205_192612.jpg
20170205_192819.jpg
20170205_192612.jpg
20170205_192819.jpg
20170205_192819.jpg

Latest posts