First time Momma

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had my doe MoonPie Confirmed pregnant via ultra sound last Monday. Vet at that point said maybe 2 weeks left. I'll be reaching out to this wonderful group of people for help!

Her utter has gotten much larger just over the last few days. She's still acting like her normal talkative self. We fixed the barn up where she can have her own stall. OR we will be locking my buck in there to keep him away during the process. He can be quite aggressive.

I'm praying all goes well. I work full time and so does my husband. I pray she does this while I'm home in case she needs help. Either way I just pray She ends up with 1 or 2 beautiful kids! The ultra sound showed one, but the vet said it can be normal that they "hide" a kid on you.

My nerves are tore up with waiting!!! I do not know how far along she is (I will do better at knowing this for next time). I'll take a few pics this evening and post them!

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you ever had trouble with your bucks trying to hurt the kids?

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is MoonPie a few weeks ago. I'll post one today when I get home.

Attachments

• 20161103_173945_resized.jpg
    20161103_173945_resized.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 142

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I had a wether that would butt our buckling and any other goat away from the food. He became so bad we feared he'd cause a miscarriage in the does once they were bred. We gave him up to continue on with bucks instead as they can give back in the way of producing kids vs. eating food and not giving back. I personally would't leave the buck with them as he may harm them if he is already aggressive. He also may breed her back before she should be.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had a wether that would butt our buckling and any other goat away from the food. He became so bad we feared he'd cause a miscarriage in the does once they were bred. We gave him up to continue on with bucks instead as they can give back in the way of producing kids vs. eating food and not giving back. I personally would't leave the buck with them as he may harm them if he is already aggressive. He also may breed her back before she should be.

How long after should I wait before I breed her again? Not until the baby is weened if I had to guess. But since I'm so new with this, I'd rather ask then assume ANYTHING!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I am unfamiliar with Meat goats but I believe once a year, with a regular schedule? We will be breeding our does every fall for spring babies. I know some have bred their does back to back but not every year and then they give them a bit of a break. Most breeds are seasonal breeders meaning that they only go into heat certain months out of the year and those are usually fall/winter months.