First trip to the processors....

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi Shawn. It cost $50.00 total.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
About eating tongue...I grew up on a farm in Canada and cow tongue was a big treat...my Mom boiled it in water with a bay leaf and peppercorns...it was peeled and eaten hot or cold sliced up...some relatives were over once and thought it was the best beef ever and asked what it was...then they had a fit that they'd just eated tongue...LOLOL...guess it is what you are used to. One of my favourites...mmmmmmm...

I'm not hungry, but now I'm drooling...over the tongue and also waiting to hear about that lamb sausage :drool

boykin2010

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I got my meat back last week. Tried some smoked lamb sausage last night and it was GREAT! Will be getting more lamb sausage the next trip to the processors.

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ooops! Slipped my mind to report back :). The verdict is in and my husband LOVES the sausage. He loves spicy so I thought I couldn't go wrong with having them make it with jalapeos. I like it very much too and it will be a regular on our future orders.

Boykin, was the smoked lamb sausage made like the Eckridge sausages? It sounds delicious!

Liz! What about a report on the tongue? How did you fix it and how was it?

Here's a pic of the lamb summer sausage
aacbe5ab.jpg

For some reason, it looks a lot better in person!! You can see some of the bits of jalapeo. Yuuuummmm, yum!!

TexasShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No Kristi it looks PLENTY good!! YUM, I am a jalapeno fiend.

We are taking another lamb to the processor in a month or so..I am getting more ground lamb this time..I LOVE ground lamb, its so versatile.

boykin2010

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That looks very good!

Yes my smoked sausage came in the links like eckridge sausage. It was seasoned very well and taste as good if not better than pork sausage. We also got some patty sausage too. I haven't tried it yet but I am sure it is just as good. Next time we get sausage done I think I am going to see if they can add cheese to the sausage also.... Just a thought...
I have a feeling the lamb sausage is a lot less fattening than pork sausage also so that is good. We ended up getting a ton of sausage so that should last us all the way until next year. We also have deer sausage and I like the lamb better than that. Overall I highly recommend lamb sausage :drool

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos and thumbs up on the lamb sausage...we love spicy here, so yours looks perfect for us...have to get some sausage done this fall....mmmmmm :drool