Fleas ?

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
If you use the orange stuff to mop with......let it sit for a couple minutes and then rinse well or you will have a sitcky floor!

I have sprayed animal bedding with it, and sprayed into corners and under furniture without rinsing.
Okay thank you ! :)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I know Frontline doesn't work for everyone, but that's what we use. I put it on the dogs and cats in early March and then monthly through Oct. and I haven't seen a flea in years, literally.

Before Frontline, we had one really, REALLY bad infestation. I put 7 dust on the carpet (like carpet fresh), let it sit overnight, and swept it up the next day, that really seemed to help. Applied frontline that day, and the fleas just *poof* disappeared.

They used to make this nifty sticky thing w/ a light attatched that you could plug in to catch fleas. I haven't seen them in years but they worked.
My ex husband did the 'bowl of soapy water w/ a lamp over it to attract the fleas' trick. The lamp fell over and burned the carpet......:/

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Just be careful with flea products for dogs on rabbits. Advantage tends to be harmful for rabbits. And can cause neurological problems. If they were my rabbits, I would go with the natural remedies just for safety sake.

I use Frontline on Jake with no problems. But I can't use it on the bunnies. Like dog and cat vets just don't know enough about rabbits. That's why you need to seek out a vet that knows and deals with rabbits. :)

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Just be careful with flea products for dogs on rabbits. Advantage tends to be harmful for rabbits. And can cause neurological problems. If they were my rabbits, I would go with the natural remedies just for safety sake.

I use Frontline on Jake with no problems. But I can't use it on the bunnies. Like dog and cat vets just don't know enough about rabbits. That's why you need to seek out a vet that knows and deals with rabbits. :)
Its on my dogs not rabbits .

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I tried some other flea shampoo yesterday and have only seen a few now . I shaved the shih tzu and thats helping , im going to rewash stuff in the morning also . :)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
When we brought Razor, our 1st pyr home as a pup, he was INFESTED. I didn't want to bring him into the house (and turn those fleas loose, even a few of them, before I could get him bathed) so I called a groomer friend and asked for advice / suggestions.
She had me pour rubbing alcohol on him in the driveway, that "stunned" the fleas. Then we were able to pick off all of the dead / stunned ones before bringing him in to bathe in flea shampoo. She advised that won't work in the winter of course, and don't try it inside, the fumes will bother you and the dog.
After picking off 200 I gave up and brought him in. None were moving by that point....we bathed him, put a flea collar on and then frontline when he dried thoroughly....when he went in to see our vet on Monday he was so anemic between the fleas and hookworms, she wouldn't vaccinate him yet.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
bluemini said:
Ms. Research said:

opps Sorry. :th

JustKiddin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh boy fleas are awful!. I am originally from Florida and have raised show dogs for 25 plus yrs.. I am well versed when it comes to handling fleas.. :( Treat your yard with granules, alternate the spot on meds for the dog/dogs to help prevent the fleas from becoming immuned to it, you can spray your house.... and vaccume frequently. I thought I had died and gone to heave when advantage first came out.. I tell you never saw anything work so well in my life. Before it came out.. I was would take each of my pugs in the bathroom... drape them over my lap and comb fleas into the toilet treated with snowbowl.. So the fleas would die as soon as they hit the water. It was alot of work. Honestly the flea collars are worthless... when the fleas can't get water from the face of your dog... they will simply go to the other end for it.

I moved to NH going on 11 yrs ago now. Had not had a flea problem in yrs... until 2 yrs ago. A feral cat took up to living under my house :( He brought me a flea infestation "YIKES" My poor Lab suffered the most. He chewed himself raw even though... I was using frontline on him every 2 weeks. This yr... I decided to start treating all the dogs in Feb in stead of March with advantix.... Eurika! No flea problems this yr. The cat is no longer hanging around soo hopefully... the fleas won't be bothering us anymore either. I want you guys to realize... you can have to much of a good thing... Be very careful what and how you use pesticides. You can OD your pets as well as yourself.

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
bluemini said:
Ms. Research said:

opps Sorry. :th
Its okay I should have mentioned it was for dogs haha

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
JustKiddin said:
Oh boy fleas are awful!. I am originally from Florida and have raised show dogs for 25 plus yrs.. I am well versed when it comes to handling fleas.. :( Treat your yard with granules, alternate the spot on meds for the dog/dogs to help prevent the fleas from becoming immuned to it, you can spray your house.... and vaccume frequently. I thought I had died and gone to heave when advantage first came out.. I tell you never saw anything work so well in my life. Before it came out.. I was would take each of my pugs in the bathroom... drape them over my lap and comb fleas into the toilet treated with snowbowl.. So the fleas would die as soon as they hit the water. It was alot of work. Honestly the flea collars are worthless... when the fleas can't get water from the face of your dog... they will simply go to the other end for it.

I moved to NH going on 11 yrs ago now. Had not had a flea problem in yrs... until 2 yrs ago. A feral cat took up to living under my house :( He brought me a flea infestation "YIKES" My poor Lab suffered the most. He chewed himself raw even though... I was using frontline on him every 2 weeks. This yr... I decided to start treating all the dogs in Feb in stead of March with advantix.... Eurika! No flea problems this yr. The cat is no longer hanging around soo hopefully... the fleas won't be bothering us anymore either. I want you guys to realize... you can have to much of a good thing... Be very careful what and how you use pesticides. You can OD your pets as well as yourself.
Well I think they are about gone , I am going to try something other than frontline cause it dosent work around here , just trying to decid on one , im just not sure yet .