fleas

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just though id share how I got rid of fleas in case anyone needs help ,when my dog had them it was hard to find ways to do so . Anyways :

-first I washed everything and vaccumed
-then I bathed all the dogs in flea and tick shampoo and put them in their crates
-I kept them in for about 3 days also .
-then I treated the yard with lime and got a pan filled it with water,added dawn soap,
and put a light over it to catch the fleas .
-I then went out and bought frontline SPRAY ,.I have heard many people using the drops say it dosent work .

You can then bath the dog again,I used oatmeal shampoo first cause the skin was irritated and then the flea shampoo ,then after they dry I used the spray . That was last month and I havent had a flea yet !

:weee Hope this can help someone ,you can also bathe in dawn dish soap for fleas .

The only down side is that I have 3 dogs,one is 70 pounds or so and the other two are like under 10lbs , the smallest bottle about the size of a pop can is $80 at the cheapest vet here , but it was well worth it :)

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That method works fine for inside dogs, but won't work at all for outside dogs or the Livestock Guardian dogs. Frontline stopped working for me a few years ago. I use Comfortis now, which is a pill you get from the vet. Each pill is $17 but it keeps fleas off for 6 weeks in the summer and much longer in the winter.

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
carolinagirl said:
That method works fine for inside dogs, but won't work at all for outside dogs or the Livestock Guardian dogs. Frontline stopped working for me a few years ago. I use Comfortis now, which is a pill you get from the vet. Each pill is $17 but it keeps fleas off for 6 weeks in the summer and much longer in the winter.
oops I forgot to mention for inside dogs,sorry . Around here the pill is $50 each