Flooded Creek Farm Goat Cam. Weighed the babies...WOW!!!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
After much frustration and a few words from my dh that I have never heard him say before, lol, we Finally got the goat cam so it will work in the kidding pen. Right now it is just pointed out over the goat yard, but will be aimed at the kidding pen as soon as we have a reason to. So here it is for your goat pics fix.:pop:weee

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/flooded-creek-farm

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Why did you do this ??? :lol: In about 1 sec EVERY BYHER will be staring at it !!! Thanks though ... :lol: :pop

*pass the popcorn*

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
Why did you do this ??? :lol: In about 1 sec EVERY BYHER will be staring at it !!! Thanks though ... :lol: :pop

*pass the popcorn*
I just figured since I wasn't going to get anything done the rest of the day, nobody else should either.:lol: :hide

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
YAY! A new barn cam to obsess about! :D

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Mamaboid said:
SmallFarmGirl said:

*pass the popcorn*
I just figured since I wasn't going to get anything done the rest of the day, nobody else should either.:lol: :hide
He he ... :lol:

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have to live vicariously through you guys, since Twix is still at the breeder's place!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
I have to live vicariously through you guys, since Twix is still at the breeder's place!
Help yourself. :lol:

Allow me to introduce you to the family. The two goats you can barely see in the far field are Eli and Elsie, my newest Fainters. Elsie will be in the kidding pen before too long. She is 3 years old, and is VERY pregnant. I am thinking maybe in the next week, but do not know the date of her breeding so am pretty much just going on sight and actions. She doesn't "faint" easily, but does freeze up in her hind quarters quite often. She is mostly white, with black spots and a black frame around her face. Elsie has no horns.

Eli is her "baby daddy". He is a white and cream colored 3 year old Fainter that falls over at the drop of a hat, or just about anything else. He is about an 8 on the fainting scale of 1 to 6.:lol: Eli has HUGE horns, but is very polite with them.

The brown goat with white markings in the closer field is Brandy. She is a Nubian/Kiko doe, almost 2 years old. She is supposed to be bred, should be bred, should be almost due. She is driving me crazy, cause one day she looks like she is, the next day she doesn't. She should be bred to Dude. This would be her second kidding, she had a single last spring. Brandy has horns, is the herd queen, and rules with an iron fist. Her favorite target is Stephanie. She pushes, but very seldom uses her horns. It is discouraged with water bottle and being held against her will when she does use them.

The black tri-color buck in the close field is Dude. He is a year old, full blooded Fainter. He is my little mama's baby. Where ever I am, he thinks he is supposed to be also. On the fainter scale, he is a 5. Faints easily and does fall over, but not as often as Eli. Dude has horns, but is very careful with them, especially around me. He learned very young that "Mama" doesn't like contact of any kind with those pointy things.

The white one with the brown head is Stephanie. She is a 14 month old, full Nubian doe. She was in standing heat last weekend, and Dude had a good weekend, so she should be giving birth in May.
She belonged to a friend of a friend of ours, was originally bought as a pet for a teenage girl who did not live up to her responsibilities, so her parents said the goat had to go. She was GIVEN to us and she is a sweetie. Stephanie has no horns.

The Silver doe in the close field is a mixed up girl. Her mama was an Alpine/ND cross, and her daddy was an Angora/Fainter cross. She is a year old, and when we brought her home, the neighbor kids left the gate open and Dude had his way with her as she was entering her new home. We were not sure if she was bred or not, and are still not sure. Once the deed had been done,we left her in the pen with him. She has not come into heat since, so we figured she was bred. If so, she should be kidding in February sometime. However, last weekend when Stephanie was in heat and driving Dude crazy, he was also all over Dusty, so at this point we are unsure what is happening there. Time will tell. Dusty has little tiny horns, but has been known to think she is a bulldozer. We are working on this spoiled brat syndrome with some modest success at this point.

Ok, that is the goat family. You will also see various chickens, guineas, dogs, cats and occasionally you will probably catch a glimpse of my dh and I also. I will try to keep those sightings to a minimum tho, as me in my barn clothes is NOT a pretty sight. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your efforts on our behalf. All we need to do is run back and forth to the computer 18 times a day to check on YOUR goats. LOL.

I'm all signed in and eager for action.

Thanks again,

DonnaBelle

doxiemoxie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love it! Just went to look and a couple goats are playing "king of the stump" (Queen?) Tell your hubby thankyou for me.:D