1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay for young goats - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

4. BYC Other Poultry Calendar for sale!!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Food questions

Discussion in 'Feeding Time - Sheep' started by WolfeMomma, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dec 29, 2017
    WolfeMomma

WolfeMomma Ridin' The Range

Our ewes get shepard 16, is that OK for pregnant ewes? They get it twice a day and also get 2 flakes a day between the two of them . Also can anyone recommend a good lose mineral for them. Just want to make sure I'm doing the correct thing here lol I'm a sheep newbie

2. Dec 29, 2017
    mysunwolf

mysunwolf True BYH Addict

All that sounds good to me, though personally I'd leave hay out free choice unless they have other forage to access. I can't recommend a good loose mineral because it varies so much by location. I'd find some local farmers who have sheep and start there. I would say NOT to feed Purina Sheep Minerals.

WolfeMomma likes this.