For the love of beet pulp!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Treats are for us as much as they are for our animals. We enjoy them enjoying themselves scarfing down their treats and yelling at us to hurry up!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
ohhhhhh...the rule to feeding -- do NOT change the routine or the order in which fed. They know when it is "their" turn and do not change it!!! :lol: Goats are worse about crowding, etc. My minis hover the feeder that they use, those who get a further dish go there, the stallions know they are "next", etc. If you step out of the routine all h#ll breaks out -- mass panic & screaming "you forgot ME"!!

Farm sitters have to learn the exact order.

When I raised minis & stalled each at night, the routine was:

put feed in each stall feeder, add hay, water, close stall. Open gates & call mares in....they ran up the alley and into the aisles of the 30 stall barn. Each stood by their stall!! I walked the exact same route and opened the stall, they enter, I closed, went to next. YES -- they waited, so long as the route was not changed in order. :love

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses even our ducks are that way....I have a certain routine with them at close up time in the evening and there have been a few times that Joyce has taken care of them while I was busy with other things, and her routine is different...they have no problem voicing their objections to her being out of routine....she has to heard them in, but they will line up and waddle in when I tell them it is time to line up....it just bugs Joyce that they won't do it for her....:)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks for the chuckle, ours crowd me as we feed and several will check each pan as it's put down.....just to make sure they aren't missing something :lol: