? for those using herbal wormers

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I started everyone on Molly's Herbal dewormer today. Everyone (except the babies) got a treat ball because NO ONE would eat it top dressed. The buck would have NOTHING to do with the formula #1. One of the does who is bred would have NOTHING to do with formula #2. I will try again tomorrow. I think probably they just weren't used to the smell. Here is a question, though...

I fixed all the doses in the ball shape and put them in a bowl to take outside. First, I gave on to my doe that just kidded Saturday. She practically inhaled it. But she is practically inhaling everything lately. lol. The one that the buck would not eat got knocked onto the ground, where the same doe pretty much hooverized it through the fence. :ep

Can they be OVERwormed on this formula? I mean, she ate it before I even thought about picking it up! lol. Hopefully she'll be ok.

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm using it as well and I'd like to know if there's any danger in ODing as well. I've just been using the one that is safe for pregnant does thus far once a week and fortunately they eat it mixed with the grain. They looked at me funny the first time though. :lol:

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I suspect that you can OD on herbs just as you can regular drugs. My guess would be one time won't hurt but best to ask Molly.

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My goats love the stuff and it works great. 3 of my does got into my pail while my back was turned and ate 3 times the dose with no ill effects. I use very little medications and my goats are healthy and never seen a vet. I do use medication for cocci but just when they are kids as cocci is something that spreads very quickly.