For those who don't know where to begin.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
It's our differences that make us special! :D I WANTED it to be a sheep because I can't stand most goats :sick and it sure would have had interesting markings for a hair sheep. I like variety of color in my sheeples.
You can't stand most goats?

Look, lady, that just ain't right! :/

How can you not LOVE goats?

sigh. I guess we will keep you anyway

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Everybody likes what they like.
She just doesn't like them. I'm fine with that but, I love goats.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Beekissed said:
It's our differences that make us special! :D I WANTED it to be a sheep because I can't stand most goats :sick and it sure would have had interesting markings for a hair sheep. I like variety of color in my sheeples.
You can't stand most goats?

Look, lady, that just ain't right! :/

How can you not LOVE goats?

sigh. I guess we will keep you anyway
CONS

Their eyes freak me out.... they expose their lady parts at all times-ick...the bucks really are the grossest male animal in the entire world!... they are more destructive than sheep... they don't flock with a herd well which means they wander off and escape fencing more....judging from this forum they are sick all the time, every day, are parasite ridden, need much, much, much medicines to keep them alive, to have live births, to do anything~ they seem to need SOOOO much maintenance and special care that they just aren't worth the time to fool with them...they are shaped funny... they will kill fruit trees....their milk taste funny...there aren't many fences that contain them if they are determined to leave....their meat doesn't sell for the same price as lamb....the list goes on and on....

PROS

They have quirky personalities....they are small enough for women to throw around....they are easy to milk...I don't mind killing them

:D

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have a question about the journals....how do I change my topic header...so instead of Bridgemoof-My Farm Journal...change it to something like "Bridgemoof-My Farm Journal UPDATE 9-10-2012"

I can't seem to figure it out and it's making me crazy :hu

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Bridgemoof said:
I have a question about the journals....how do I change my topic header...so instead of Bridgemoof-My Farm Journal...change it to something like "Bridgemoof-My Farm Journal UPDATE 9-10-2012"

Go to your first post in the topic and at the bottom click 'Edit'. It will let you change the topic header.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
CrazyCatNChickenLady said:
Bridgemoof said:

Go to your first post in the topic and at the bottom click 'Edit'. It will let you change the topic header.
:thumbsup

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
elevan said:
Thank you Beekissed!

See, I'm NOT crazy...it could very well have gone the other way :p
Um, ya, I'm not sure very many people can agree with that comment.. :lol:

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
..they are shaped funny... they will kill fruit trees....their milk taste funny...there aren't many fences that contain them if they are determined to leave....their meat doesn't sell for the same price as lamb....the list goes on and on....
How are they shaped funny? :idunno
Does sheep milk taste better?
Yes I will agree with the fences...
And with the meat as a lamb...

judging from this forum they are sick all the time, every day, are parasite ridden, need much, much, much medicines to keep them alive, to have live births, to do anything~
How do you know its not just because theres more awesome goaty people then sheepy people? I betcha that if there was more sheep people there'd be more sheep emergencies then goaty ones.

Their eyes freak me out.... they expose their lady parts at all times-ick
I can't tell the difference, I mean, how does this >
GoatsEye.jpg
look different from this ?? >
5112161642_29e826e6bd_z.jpg

yeah they do..

Beekissed said:
I don't mind killing them
:D
OK thats just mean! :tongue

:lol: Hope you dont think I'm too crazy :hide

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah..but MY sheep didn't have those light colored eyes:

5_100_0043.jpg

Nice, chocolatey eyes that hid that weird pupil. I prefer it that way. :D

Note the nice, square and solid shape of the sheep body:

82_meat_chicks_jons_prom_017.jpg

Compared to the more pear shaped, uneven goat body:

Nigerian-Dwarf-Goat-Picture-1024x881.jpg

None of my sheep fall down every time they run:

Myotonic-Fainting-Goats.jpg

Nor do they expose themselves all the time...only when in heat and a buck is near or taking a dump or peeing:

800px-Goat_tails.jpg

And follow the link to read about the benefits of sheep's milk over goat's...don't forget to read about the flavor a little ways down the page..one source I found stated it tasted like a vanilla milkshake...more mild and flavorful than cow's milk:

http://www.antlife.org/drinking-sheep-vs-goat-milk/

Highly nutritious
Sheep milk is highly nutritious, richer in vitamins A, B, and E, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium than cow's milk. It contains a higher proportion of short- and medium-chain fatty acids, which have recognized health benefits. For example, short-chain fatty acids have little effect on cholesterol levels in people. They make milk easier to digest.

According to a German researcher, sheep milk has more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than the milk from pigs, horses, goats, cattle, and humans. CLA is a cancer-fighting, fat-reducing fat. The fat globules in sheep milk are smaller than the fat globules in cow's milk, making sheep milk more easily digested.

Sheep milk
Sheep milk can be frozen and stored until a sufficient quantity of milk is available to sell or make cheese. Freezing does not affect the cheese-making qualities of the milk.

Sheep milk has a higher solids content than goat or cow milk. As a result, more cheese can be produced from a gallon (or liter) of sheep milk than a gallon (or liter) of goat or cow milk. Sheep milk yields 18 to 25 percent cheese, whereas goat and cow milk only yield 9 to 10 percent.

While sheep usually produce less milk than goats and much less than cows, sheep milk sells for a significantly higher price per pound, almost four times the price of cow milk.
Sorry...I'm just a dyed in the wool (pun intended) sheep fan and born to despise the goat....except Boer goats..sort of like those...a little. :D