fortheloveofgoats journal, Jumpin chickens!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate1. What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like?
2. How many people are in your family? Marital status?
3. How would you define your farm?
4. What would you do with your spare time if you had any resources you needed?
5. Have you ever built a house, barn , or other types of building? Do you want to?
6. Can you weld? Steel, aluminum, MiG, TiG, stick, Oxy-Acet?
7. Who or what inspired you to be a farmer/rancher, hobby farmer?
8 Is it a hobby or an occupation?
9. In what areas are you knowledgeable and in what areas would you like to learn more?
10. In what types of farming will you never choose to do?
11. Are you interested in providing more of your own food supply?
12. Where do you end up when you sink into yourself, away from the outside world?
13. Can you drive a farm tractor or a semi?
14. Do you make crafts or useful items? Would you want to teach others how to do these?
15. Can you legally have all forms of livestock where you are at? Do you have any? What kinds?
16. Can you operate a lathe? Metal, wood?
17. Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing?
18. Do you fish? Bait or explosives?
19. How much space/land do you have or rent? City farm? Country?
20. Are you a Novice, Technician, degreed?
21. What is your farm specialty? Or what one would you like to learn?
22. If you could create a degree and curriculum, what would you major in and what classes would you take?
23. Do you do wood work? framing, finish, cabinet?
24. Are you interested in herbal animal medicine?
25. If you could live any place you chose, where would it be?
26. Do you use a wood stove for heating or cooking?
27. What would your ideal super hero/villain be?
28. Are your family or friends also interested in animals?
29. Do you like to cook? Are you interested in whole foods and natural foods? raw milk? farm fresh eggs?
30. What was your best animal experience? Worst?
31. Do you forage or hunt for part of your food needs?
32. What skills do you have that help you be more a self sufficient farm?
33. Do you process your own meat? Can or preserve?
34. Do you use alternative energy sources on your farm? Would you like to?
35 What is on your to do list?
36. Have you ever lived completely off what you produce? Would you like to?
37. In what do you trust?
38. Do you make and fix things yourself to save money?
39. Has the experience with animals changed your attitude or habits?
1. Oregon, it's a beautiful place to live. It rains, it's sunny, and it snows.
2. I have two kids and a wonderful husband. I have been with my hubby for 12 years (since he was 15 and I was 17) We have been married for 8 years now.
3. We don't have much of a farm right now, but I am hoping to change that soon!
4. I would start a rescue, I love animals!
5. I built a chicken coop with my hubby, I would love to build again
6. I can't, but my hubby does
7. My Aunt, I stayed with her for a while when I was a kid (my mom was in the hospital and so she took care of me, since my Dad had to work) She had a herd of goats, some cows, sheep, ducks, chickens, doves, and she would take care of any wild animals that were injured.
8. When I get going again, it will be a hobby
9. I won't say that I know a lot about much, I am constantly learning though. I would love to learn more about sheep, goats, and pigs.
10. Growing vegetables or trees or lawns for a living
11. Yes, and I can't wait, it is my dream, has been my whole life
12. When I had my goats, I loved to sit on the hill and watch them play and eat. I also love to sit outside with my dogs and play with them. I love listening to the forest that is behind us.
13. No, but I would love to. My parent's have a tractor, but it's my Dad's baby.
14. I wish that I had time to do that, but I don't
15. I wouldn't have enough room for cows, and I am sure my neighbors wouldn't be ok with pigs. lol I would love to get more goats and chickens again.
16. I did when I was a teen with my Dad, we made a bat, and some table legs
17. I do love to garden, but I have to admit I HATE weeding. I love to grow tomatoes
18. Yes, I love fishing. Bait
19. It's a country farm
20. No I do not do wood work
21. Yes, as long as it works
22. It wouldn't matter where, just as long as I have enough acreage to have a huge farm
23. We have a wood stove that we use for when it gets really cold
24. Someone that could save all the neglected animals
25. Yes, but not as much as I am
26. I love to cook, it makes me feel good to cook and bake from scratch. I would love to have it to where all my animals produce everything that I need.
27. My goat Lil Lady. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. To be honest I haven't had a worst, hope I never will. People tell me all the time I have something special with animals
28. My husband and I used to hunt, but with his job, it's hard to. His busy season is during hunting season
29. None that I know of
30. When my parents have a cow to split, we go help. My husband kills and cuts, I package the meat
31. No we don't, we would love to though
32. To do list, everyday is taking care of kids, the house, the animals, and bake/clean. My wish list is getting more animals and starting a rescue
33. No we haven't, yes we would
34. My husband, kids, parent's and two sisters, and of coarse my animals
35. Yes, I try to, and if I can't, I get my hubby's help
36. Yes they have. My kids as well. I had my kids watch the process of an animal being cut up (I don't believe in making them watch it die though, if they want to watch, I will let them) It changed them. They make sure to eat all there meat now.
Just a note, I love talking to people, I think it's great to meet new people. I love to laugh. I can be a little sensitive at times. I love animals. I love to help others and animals any time that I can. I hope that I can start talking with some of you.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
:celebrate :clap :celebrate You started a journal !! I've been waiting for this !!! :woot
:hugs *blush* I have been wanting to do one, but wasn't sure. Thank you!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
SmallFarmGirl said:
:celebrate :clap :celebrate You started a journal !! I've been waiting for this !!! :woot
:hugs *blush* I have been wanting to do one, but wasn't sure. Thank you!
Your welcome .. *blush* Ohh ... I can't wait to hear about Guinea Pig adventures !! :weee

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Trust me, I can't wait either. I hope that if people get tired of hearing about it, they will let me know. :)

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
Trust me, I can't wait either. I hope that if people get tired of hearing about it, they will let me know. :)
We never will ... :caf I thought the same ... :lol:

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
We never will ... :caf I thought the same ... :lol:
Aww thank you :weee

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Today it is cold, but so beautiful outside. The sun is out, and we have blue sky. We have frost all on the ground, it almost look like snow. My boys (dogs) love to play outside when it's this cold. They play with my neighbors horse along the fence. I am so excited, we get our two female guinea pigs this Thursday, so we have everything that they need. One of them is for my older daughter for Christmas, so I plan on getting them, and surprising her when she gets home from school. :woot I really miss my goats. So any of you that would love to share pictures or stories, I would love it. I am a tom boy, and always will be. I love country music. Anything that you would like to talk about or know about me, ask. I really do love talking to people. Have a great day everyone.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Well umm ..

You shop at tractor supply alot or more at a local feed store ???