found my number one predator

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
do you have an electric fence charger or a soloar charger or battery fence charger.most fence chargers will pop you pretty good.an some will knock you down.

grass

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i bought 2 mile power charger that ups the power by how good the ground you have is ......i just added a second ground to it today.got alittle more juice out it .enough the dog dont like it ....funniest thing i seen today was that dog biting it trying to get in with me while the wife held her on the outside of the fence....she bit it onetime and her whole body shook....she ran off whining....made my day to get her butt good

grass

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i;m sure she has ....was funny watching her bite it then jump and run whining

grass

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i did test the fence myself ....it's not a real bad charge ...kinda like static electricity shock

grass

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
i'm gonna go down and do pictures ....you wont believe thats the same calf i pictured in early winter...he's turned almost coal black..i'll post it with the original picture in what breed is this

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
grass said:
i did test the fence myself ....it's not a real bad charge ...kinda like static electricity shock
Um, no offence, but if I were you I'd try and get it hotter than that. I know with the cattle that we had the fence was so hot it'd knock you on your @## and knock you out for a fraction of a second. :gig I'm not kidding! ESPECIALLY if you're only wearing sandals and no gloves!

What kinda shoes/boots were you wearing when you tested it? Did you test it with your bare hand or a thick cowhide glove?

Do you have a fence tester at all? Better way at telling the voltage than by touching it.

Speaking of dogs, one time a few years ago we had a whole 20 foot section of fence taken down by a couple neighbor's dogs rounding up and riling up our cattle. The fence wasn't electrified, but it had a fair bit of barbed wire and a couple new fence posts installed. We were lucky that the cattle just broke out into another pasture, unlike several years before that when another herd of ours broke out of the corrals by pushing a real heavy iron panel over enough to let all 80 animals through. And I mean ALL 80-some feeder steers! They were just about to cross the highway a couple miles away if one of the neighbor's sons' on his quad didn't turn them around and head them back where they came from!