Found site on sister site (BYC)

ADodge1960

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I will soon be purchasing a couple of AFRICAN PYGMY KIDS. And will also eventually pick up at least two miniature donkeys. I am originally from the North Shore area of Massachusetts. In 2019 I decided to buy my first house on my own. My husband wasn't ready to retire so he bought a condo in the coastal town he grew up in! Ya he is still a Townie. Anyway, I have an Aunt and Uncle in Virginia Beach that I had stopped and visited, as I was on my way to Iceland (1986) with my 2 year old son. I could not believe how beautiful the weather was. My son and I actually put our winter coats away while we were there! Anyway I have always known that when I retire it will be to a coastal area of Virginia. And so here I am. Purchased a home with 5 acres on the Eastern Shore, MIDDLE EARTH Virginia!!! LMAO. I call it Middle Earth because my new home is located in a Technological Black Hole area on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. And I love it!!! So I am setting up my own little Farmstead. And eventually hope once I have it set up the way I want it, will look to turning my farm into a summer therapeutic farm for Kids who will benefit from experiencing ZERO Social stress and the joy of living on a small farm and interacting with some really great animals!
My Adult Children will be joining me down here, with my grandchildren. And my Grandchildren will be the first Children to experience the above mentioned therapy!!! And boy do they need it!!!
So that is my story and I am really happy to have found this site. After all the BYC group members have been a tremendous help for me and raising Chickens for the first time!!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from another Virginian! Spent many years in Norfolk & Va Beach. Dad was Navy, so Norfolk & ships got us! I'm 50 miles South now, out of the mainstream traffic. Been here a long time & they are moving this way faster than I'd like. But then, I watched Va Beach go from farms to houses. So changed!

You are over where many of the "chicken conglomerates" are. LOL You'll find a slightly different weather pattern over on that side of the Bay. Welcome to BYH!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome also from one of the 'outliers'.....Wales...which would dearly love to become independent of England.

So...what is a Technological Black Hole? Am I likely to find one at the bottom of my garden? (If it refers to having limited/no access to internet etc...then.....Welcome from another Technological Black Hole).

You will find this site very 'grounded' 'down to earth', surprisingly friendly and good humoured if you have been used to the 'rarefied air' of BYC which I also frequented for quite a few years before I moved 'to pastures new'.

Keeping animals is The Best....but be prepared to fall in love with some of them who will charm you with their behaviour and 'neediness'. Also be prepared for some of them to not fall in love with you...it's usually the males....don't take it personally!

Whatever, enjoy what you do and show us what you get.

Latest posts