Free / Rescue: Goats: Central Ohio~They have found a home :D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I was just offered 3 goats free to good home. Current owner refuses to separate them and I was only interested in the pygmy.

I said that I would pass the info along to other goat owners.

They are 1 (6 yr old) pygmy doe and 2 (4 yr old) "boer x"? does. Owner is unsure what the 2 (non-pygmy) does are - to me they look like boer x. They have never been bred and were raised by current owner from weanling age. She purchased from a local breeder. 1 of the crosses had a horn removed by a vet. The other cross "ripped" one of her horns off and it is growing back. My visual assessment makes me think that at least one of the crosses is mineral deficient. Current owner doesn't put out minerals in winter. Their horse farrier occasionally trims the goats feet and they are currently in need of attention.

The current owner is looking to relocate these goats due to his failing health.

That's all that I can tell you about them.

So if you are in Ohio and are interested just PM me and I will give you their contact info.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Why not take all 3 and then find new homes for the 2 you don't want?
I'm trying to work that out with a few people that I know who may be interested in the other 2. But I don't want to be stuck with them if I can't find a home. So I'd rather work out the logistics first if I went that route.

But if I can't work that out, I wanna help out this family since I went to school with their daughters. :/ Which is why I posted here.

lilfarmgirl

Just born
Reaction score
I would like them i live in central ohio may i have a phone number i can contact them, ill take all three. I can be reached at 937.309.5295 !
elevan said:
I was just offered 3 goats free to good home. Current owner refuses to separate them and I was only interested in the pygmy.

They are 1 (6 yr old) pygmy doe and 2 (4 yr old) "boer x"? does. Owner is unsure what the 2 (non-pygmy) does are - to me they look like boer x. They have never been bred and were raised by current owner from weanling age. She purchased from a local breeder. 1 of the crosses had a horn removed by a vet. The other cross "ripped" one of her horns off and it is growing back. My visual assessment makes me think that at least one of the crosses is mineral deficient. Current owner doesn't put out minerals in winter. Their horse farrier occasionally trims the goats feet and they are currently in need of attention.

So if you are in Ohio and are interested just PM me and I will give you their contact info.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thank you these goats have found a new home.

My apologies for forgetting to mark the post as such sooner.

Kayla wilson

Herd lurker
Reaction score

I will rescue any goats for free..please let me know if any need homes

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @Kayla wilson :frowwelcome to BYH. This thread was last visited over 5 years ago, but then who wouldn't want free goats? If you get in the habit of checking craigs list, I know here I sometimes see free animals offered. Problem is, most times when I find them, someone else has beat me to it. Do you already own any animals? Would you consider doing an intro post in the new member section so you can get a "proper" greeting? Well, glad you joined us and hope you'll browse :caf around the forum and threads till you find one you're comfortable jumping in on. There's a really great group of folks here. Make yourself at home!