French Angora & Californian- Jack Frost

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh yeah with vacuum sealers you need to rinse off the body and dry it (paper towels work good) as they do tend to not want to seal if there is liquid. If they are cut up pieces, I stick any sharp bones in the middle with another piece of meat to cushion it from piercing the bag. The bags with the two internal flap things are stronger and hold up better with bones I've noticed too.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah with vacuum sealers you need to rinse off the body and dry it (paper towels work good) as they do tend to not want to seal if there is liquid. If they are cut up pieces, I stick any sharp bones in the middle with another piece of meat to cushion it from piercing the bag. The bags with the two internal flap things are stronger and hold up better with bones I've noticed too.

I have not see these types of bags but will have to look for them.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The flaps inside are pleated, I think the bags are too. I'm out of them, I just have walmart cheap bags right now. I know the brand is food saver and that they are pleated. They are definitely more sturdy, they might even be bags for the game saver.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
The flaps inside are pleated, I think the bags are too. I'm out of them, I just have walmart cheap bags right now. I know the brand is food saver and that they are pleated. They are definitely more sturdy, they might even be bags for the game saver.

I was looking briefly on line last night and saw ones that are suppose to have a leakage blocker....have you seen them?

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen those, I'll look in my freezer at some point today and see if there isn't a number on the good bags. My husband bought them so I have no idea where he actually found them, but my guess is bed bath and beyond or walmart lol.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok I went to look, the full pleated bags are from FoodSaver, no mod # though, I have lots of bony things in those. The other ones are not made by food saver, the ones with the pleated inserts. I don't know who makes them as they are completely unmarked.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't get the chance to look for those bags yet, will have to write it down so I don't forget!!

Not much going on with the rabbits since fair- they have just been hanging out, our REW angora doe's coat is coming in pretty nice these days- she had some mats that need to be taken out. She sure is squirmy when it comes to being brushed and combed out!!

We did breed Cashew(she's our original FA doe) last week to a broken lilac buck- if she took-she is due Dec 21st- give or take a day or so. It will be interesting to see what colors the kits are....:idunno

We are also debating which of our other does to bred so they have kits in time for the 2017 county fair. In addition to Cashew we have Peanut, Chinzilla and Angel for FA's. We have Jack Frost, Sven and Ben for FA bucks. We also have Harper- she is a REW Satin angora(SA), we currently do not have a SA buck.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Added the nest box for Cashew- she is eating the hay out of it- haven't seen her start building a nest but she does have a few days to do so!