French Angora & Californian- Jack Frost

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
not the best picture but you can see a few of her kits: 3 are mostly grey and 1 is pink
Peanut-4 kits(2)-2-23-2017.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So Peanut's kits are doing well-they are 1 week old today- the pink kit is putting on a tan colored coat- we check on them each day and they are doing well. Very wiggly kits!

Chinzilla had her kits either last night or early this morning- pulled lots of fur and put them at the very back of the nest box, I only took a quick peek so didn't do a count- she has an attitude to say the least!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was able to take another better peek at Chinzilla's litter- from the quick count I did, it looks like she has 4 pink and 2-3 gray colored kits. She was breed to our REW buck- Jack Frost(avatar picture).

Up next to kindle are our 2 Cali does-Chai and Java- I put a nest box in for each one this morning at chore time and Chai already started building her nest.....
Chai's nest-3-3-2017.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So this afternoon- Chai(1 of our Cali does) kindled- from what I could count she has 6 kits-she's pictured above peeking out of her nest box!

We are waiting for Java(other Cali doe) to hopefully kindle-she's at day 32 :fl

We have hopefully 2 more French Angoras that will kindle- Frosti(REW doe) hopefully around March 19th and Cashew(fawn doe) hopefully around April 7th :fl

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
so tonight while doing chores, I pulled out the Cali does' nest box to check the kits...and the 5 were in bad shape...3 already gone and other 2 probably wont make it :(....seems like she made a next further back in the box that we didn't realize was there and has 3 very nice looking kits there. Combined the 2 maybes in with the 3 and hoping for the best. We have struggled with getting our Cali does to take and produce a litter.....our angoras on the other hand due much better:idunno