Frustrated with the new platform... =(

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:oops: I used to LOVE BYH, but now I'm hardly ever on anymore and anytime I am on there are hardly any members on and I'm wondering if it's because of the new platform. :(

Well, I'm super frustrated that I can't find an easy way to look at "my posts" like on the bottom of the old site. I'm also frustrated that I can't find a simple way to view "my uploads" like on the old site, and lastly the navigation bars at the top are so small I have to squint to read them, and the dark brown is so hard on my eyes I can't stay on long; a nice tan would be so much easier on the eyes. They all might seem like simple things but put them all together and BYH isn't "fun" anymore. I'm super bummed to have "lost" my favorite website. :( :hit

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs WMR

It has taken some getting use to but I am old and not computer savvy but I have found playing around on the site has helped and I actually like it better. I agree on the uploads... it would be nice to go to "storage" and find them. I do like how this is so much easier to put up a pic though.
Your content is easy to find if you click on your username, the drop downs are a little confusing but getting better.

I hope it gets easier for you.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
I've gotten use to the new platform but I am missing the community feel as well

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're frustrated. Some of the things are definitely easily addressed, like:

1) "Your Posts": http://www.backyardherds.com/search/member?user_id=6042
2) "Your Uploads": http://www.backyardherds.com/attachments/mine

Some of the other items are a little trickier, for example, the colors: some like one thing and others like something else... if there was one color everyone liked we'd gladly change to that.

Regarding site activity: Actually, there are more people and posts now than before the conversion to the new system. For about the last year prior to the conversion we unfortunately saw a decline in member activity, in part because of the old system we were on and that it wasn't mobile and search engine friendly. I'm happy to report that since the conversion, activity is slowly increasing!

We do appreciate the feedback and we'll keep it all in mind as we evaluate changes and updates.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
We're working on making that easier, but for now:
  1. Go to the "My Attachments" link: http://www.backyardherds.com/attachments/mine
  2. Right click on the image you want to use
  3. Copy the link location
  4. Click the image icon
  5. Insert the image URL that you copied
Screenshots of each step:

upload_2014-1-15_10-27-6.png

upload_2014-1-15_10-17-2.png

upload_2014-1-15_10-17-50.png

upload_2014-1-15_10-19-9.png

Last edited: