Full House Farm's 2016/17 Kidding thread- It's a wrap.Pictures!

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Now that I've got some obviously pregnant goats and some biopryn results back it's time to start looking forward to BABIES!!!!! I list due dates at day 147 for Nigerians and day 150 for Lamanchas.

Our First batch of goats due is all Nigerians bred to OFA Lord Drinian:
Orchid, fourth freshening and our Nigerian matriarch, Nov 29 (she's had 6 boys- so we really want a girl!)
Aravis from @OneFineAcre, second freshening, Nov 29
Spice, new to us second or third freshening, December 1
Queen, third freshening, Dec 2nd (not positive on the date, but positive biopryn test)

There is a chance Trixie our Lamancha herd queen is due Dec 15, but she seemed to cycle again and was bred again so I'm planning on January for her. I do have a positive test on her. Also, Morning Glory, my unregistered Nigerian and OFA Drinians daughter was bred to be due on Dec 12, but I don't think she is bred at this point so I will be breeding her for March with Periwinkle my other unregistered goat- her aunt.

I have three Lamanchas (Trixie, Ruby, and our homebred 75% lamancha Secret) confirmed bred for Jan/Feb to our new buck Cruz, along with our neighbor's unregistered Lamancha that we will get to keep a doe out of for a NOA doeling if she has one. One Lamancha left, Magn, who kidded in May and is still in milk. She may be pregnant, but just not far enough for the test to show up positive.

We will be breeding Gwen, Aravis' December baby to Drinian for March babies as well!

That will put us at 11 does freshening in 4 months. Yay!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
So exciting! Can't wait to see what they give you :pop

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope OFA Lord Drinian does well for you
Refresh my memory because it's not so good
He is out of Taffy and Big Brown?

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In front: Morning Glory (DaisyxOFA Drinian) is my tan and white spotted doe and Spice is my new Chocolate and white doe. Spice came here in June and is bred to Drinian. Morning Glory is likely not bred because the stinker only has eyes for Drinian, her sire. These two are also best buds now.

The two brown does in the back are Aravis and her doeling Gwen )with white poll). Aravis is bred to Drinian and is already huge and Gwen will be bred to Drinian her next heat.

Queen is the tan and white doe on the right and she's bred to Drinian for the second time. She had a lovely single chocolate buscksin doeling by Drinian last year.

Orchid is our black and white Nigerian matriarch and is bred to Drinian. On her second kidding she had triplet boys by Drinian. Her first kidding was twin boys from an outside sire. Last year she was bred to an Old South CH buck and had a single buckling. She's due for triplet doelings, right? She is looking large already and has 6 weeks to go.

Orchid, Aravis, Spice, and Queen are already much wider than they are in this photo.

Attachments

• IMG_4004.JPG
    IMG_4004.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use to have both and miss my sheep a lot. Hope to get some in December or so.
Can't wait to see what they give!