Full House Farm's 2016/17 Kidding thread- It's a wrap.Pictures!

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here is little Northern Lights. She's quite the darling!

Attachments

• Northern Lights.jpg
    Northern Lights.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 118

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, kidding.... goat shows... 4 kids.... life.... Yeah, I've fallen off the face of BYH for a bit I guess.

Anyway to keep everyone updated.

The three Nigerians:

FHF Gwen (Aravis daughter FF) had triplets all on her own (when we were gone for one hour) on March 9. Two does and a buckling. Yay! They were 1lb 9oz, 2 lb 3 oz, and 3 lb 2 oz. All healthy. Smallest doeling is a buckskin. Other two tan and white with grey moonspots.

Periwinkle had b/d twins- like every year on March 10. They look like little periwinkle clones. They were both 4-5 lb.ers too! And as always she had one with one foot back. She always has some weird presentation, but pushes them out like a pro anyway.

Morning Glory (@OneFineAcre Drinian daughter, FF) had two polled splashy bucklings March 17. Oh, her udder is to die for! I'd like to see a better medial support, but everything else is wow. Her dam, honestly, had a horrible udder as far as conformation so I love the improvement. Forgot to weigh them, but probably

Then, Magn, our 3 yr old 2nd freshing Lamancha had twin doelings just after midnight on the 26th. Twin doelings- and 9 and 7 lbs! Both mostly black.

We are also on milk test this year and it's so great to see how great our does are doing. It looks like Trixie, Ruby, Secret, Magn, Orchid, Morning Glory, and Periwinkle will get milk stars if things continue as expected. Maybe Gwen and Aurora- I need to see how they continue and what their stats should be.

We are also very thankful that Trixie is still with us. She was not well Wed the 1st when we went out to milk. Slighly low temp, some scours, off feed, and very much not herself. We provided supportive care and took her into the vet at 4. Turns out it was Clostridium. Possibly brought on my a loaf of bread she stole through the fence (we didn't know about that until later). It was really touch and go Wednesday night. But, with great vet care and us checking on her ever 3 hours all night she made it though. Poor goat had to get 30cc antitoxin twice a day. That's a lot! But, she's a super stubborn goat, which is probably how she got herself into the fix in the first place, and is too ornery to die I think! She's almost back to her previous milk numbers and other than some anemia has put all her weight back on and is her ornery, problem self again.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
1-2 OFA Lord Drinian clipped for the buck show.
3- Periwinkles b/d twins
4-5- Morning Glory's boys
6- Two of Gwens girls and Morning Glorys boys.
7- Magn's girls
8-9 Magns udder (slightly lopsided since her babies got to one side before photo) One week fresh. Milking about 6lb in the mornings.

Attachments

• IMG_4963.JPG
    IMG_4963.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4965.JPG
    IMG_4965.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5018.JPG
    IMG_5018.JPG
    604.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5026.JPG
    IMG_5026.JPG