Full House Farms kidding thread- Single, twins and triplets!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Nicely done on the assists! Grats on the new kids!

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ruby and her boy
Lillis twins
Leena's triplets
One of the triplets dry

Attachments

• IMG_7398.JPG
    IMG_7398.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_7414.JPG
    IMG_7414.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_7419.JPG
    IMG_7419.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_7430.JPG
    IMG_7430.JPG
    388.6 KB · Views: 281

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So Secret had two doelings Tuesday night. Flashy black and white with short little elf ears. One was reserved already- so the FFAer was thrilled she got to pick between two. We have her daughter from last year, but man is it tempting to keep another. We most likely will keep her through the summer. I'll post some pictures shortly.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I still need to post Secret's babies pics, but her 1 yr old daughter took Grand Champion Jr Lamancha at the Pasco Co ADGA youth show under Judge Richard Grossman- and I believe Lamancha Jrs sanctioned so she has her Jr leg. She turned 12 months three weeks before the show.

Then, we got home from church Sunday and walked out back around 2 and surprise! Periwinkle, my unregistered ND had twin boys all dry and done on the ground. At day 143 so I really wasn't expecting any babies yet. She's always had weird kid presentations that are easily fixed (head only no feet, head down, one leg, etc) but obviously did just fine on her own this time. That leaves only one doe who should kid next Wed-Friday, Queen's baby from last December, Jadis. I'm guessing twins but her mom likes to pop out big singles so we will see.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Man am I behind.

So Jadis had her babies on March 6th. She wasn't showing and signs but we were planning on putting her in the kidding pen with her mom Queenie that night after church since we knew she had to be close. We were out in the dark and finished feeding- she ate- and were locking babies in when I heard a weird scream. We walked into the pen to find her pushing with just a head out, no hooves, and her dam Queenie licking it off. We helped pull the baby since it looked like it had been a few minutes but she never really perked up. I think her umbilical was severed because it was already broken when she came out and even though she was still alive just couldn't recover. At this point I was really happy when she layed down and started pushing. Nothing worse than a FF losing a single baby. :( She pushed out a perfect little doeling that looked just like the first. Tan and white with blue eyes and wattles. She's a month old now and a super friendly- like a bottle baby- and also super spoiled. Her mom feeds her well and her "grandma" Queenie lets her nurse too. Um, yeah, I think she's at least staying through the summer. We are really happy with little Jadis's udder too. I like it better than her older full sisters. Of coarse she's related to all our bucks- one is a half brother, one is her sire and one is her grand-sire. LOL.

I'm milking 14 does now (whew! 3 gallons + a day and only milking 2 at night) so we have two that will be sold. Aurora a LM is going to a friend who has two of our goats already- Nigerians- and wants a little more milk. She has perfect milk stand manners and is so easy to hand milk, but is small and um, she's a screamer so .... yeah. If you scream here you'd better be so nice I can't even think about selling you. Lilli, Jadis's sister is going to be sold too. We just don't need two full sisters and if we want another one... we still have the dam so we can make more. She's a sweet chocolate buckskin with blue eyes so I doubt we will have a problem selling her.

In other news... we have our first LA Thursday at a farm 15 minutes away. And my 14 year old is leaving that night to go to a huge dog show that night. Nothing like a little stress. All but a few of the goats are hers so she has been busy clipping, checking tattoos, etc. Thankfully most of the goats are still clipped from shows.

I'll have to post some more pictures. Sign. Someday when farming is less time consuming.

Latest posts