Fun genetic puzzles

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd never heard or read of Flemish or NZs hiding otter though.

Obviously, somebody did an outcross somewhere in the past, possibly to a Silver Marten, though Rex and Satin come in Otter, as do several non-commercial-type breeds. It's amazing what can lurk unseen for generations. I had REW's pop up in my pedigreed Harlequins at one point; there must have been a NZW several generations back (probably why that line had such good type!) I've also had Fuzzy Lops turn up in Holland Lop litters; unless you get the right two rabbits together, you may never know just what is in your gene pool.;)

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know quite a few years back my cousin had four REW Rex that she had integrated into her Pelfreeze herd of commercial NZs trying to improve fur quality... Perhaps she reserved some of their decendants when she sold out her big commercial herd. I'll have to ask her.

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Bunnylady ,

I picked up a new puzzle today!
Is she a chocolate agouti?
KIMG0244.jpg
KIMG0234.jpg
KIMG0232.jpg

Also, what gene gives her her white feet? Both of her parents are solid. She is supposedly 3/4 NZ and 1/4 Flemmish... But I got her from the same lady that I got Hosta from (the broken blue with otter that's supposed to be Flemmish/NZ). This little girl is Hosta's niece by one of Hosta's litter brothers. I am calling her Mittens!