Gardening shed declutter ideas...

Shelly_palmer

Just born
Reaction score
Hi friends, hope you all doing great. My favorite hobby is gardening. I have an indoor as well as an outdoor garden. Now, I am here for some suggestions.

I have a vegetable garden in the backyard of our house. Also, there is a grungy shed beside the garden where I keep all my tools. I am looking for some ways to hang the trowels, rakes, garden tools etc. Is foldable workbench a good idea to store space?

Share some creative ideas for making it more functional. Looking forward. Thanks.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use the head off an old garden rake to hang tools like trowels and such. Turn the head so the tines are up and screw the head to a wall and you will have lots of fingers to hold tools.

Shelves are very useful. You can up a smaller shelf up higher on the wall for light things like saucers/drip catchers. I'm better with shelves than putting things in boxes. Things on a shelf are visible... things in boxes not so much.

I hope you post some pictures as you get your shed straightened out as that may help encourage others to organize! Please and thank you.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya can never go wrong with pieces of pegboard between some studs....as your tools increase or change over the yrs, the pegboard will always be adjustable to accommodate the tools you are maintaining. It is relatively cheap and sold in 4'x8' sheets at most any hardware store.....there are many different kinds, sizes, and styles of hangers that can be used to fit most any tool....from a shovel to a wrench. A workbench is always useful and if it folds down or up to fit against a wall it can make a small space more usable and convienent.....:)

Shelly_palmer

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind concern. Pegboards yeah I was looking for them. What kind of shelves you guys prefer?

Sure, Animalmom I will post the pictures once the shed is well organized.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, it depends on just how ya wish it organized....and how much weight will be on it...and span between braces. 1x10s is what the most are made of here.

Latest posts