Gardner’s California Homestead

GardnerHomestead

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A to not be outdone by Fudge, our registered doe Bubblegum gave us another single buckling on monday night. Hes a big boy and very active, climbing all over mama all the time. So excuse the slightly blurry pic, cant get him to stay
still lol. Hes got his Daddys black socks.

goat.jpg

Fudge was crying when i got home from work last night, i went down there to make sure she hadnt lost Clove under the hay feeder again :rolleyes: but she was standing in the barn right next to him. I thought maybe the one side of her udder was full so i got her on the milking stand and noticed her back end was shaking. It was maybe 35 degrees outside but not way out of the normal for evening temperatures. So i took care of all the other animals and brought Fudge and her baby inside the house to warm up. Im apart of this wonderful facebook group with so many knowledgeable goat people. I posted a video and they knew immediately it was hypocalcemia. I went to tractor supply, barely got there in time ( they are closing early now because of the quarantine) to get her some alfalfa pellets and calcium drench. I had no idea i wasnt giving them enough calcium now i feel horrible. Goat ownership has taught me something new everyday. They are probably the most complicated animal i have ever owned. I am so lucky to have the resources around me to help me with such things. And now i feel like im a slightly more experienced goat tender. Fudge is doing great and seems to be on the mend.:clap

GardnerHomestead

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They also the pickyist lol.
lol, so true, i have a friend whos new to goats, she sends me a picture of a green yard and the goat standing in it, shes like "they wont eat my grass" lol oh they dont like grass or alot of things for that matter. i told her they will only eat the things you like, you know rose bushes, fruit trees, your pant leg. :lol:

Jesusfreak101

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol yup however mine like our grass but its coastal so it's the same hay they get just fresher lol. They funny, I 'll go get branch's for them and hold them up high to make them stand on their back legs for them panda will even walk backwards for them. They are funny animals.