G'day from Australia! Great to be here

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from northeast Texas! I have hair sheep, people call them goats all the time. Glad you joined us and I hope you like to "talk" a LOT! :lol:

mustangrooster

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
503.JPG
boo.JPG
bub034.JPG

DSCF7012.JPG
DSCF7021.JPG

DSCF6262.JPG
DSCF6161.JPG
DSC01168.JPG
DSC01061.JPG

Dang it, hold on, only 10 pictures per post? Well....more pictures are coming........

Attachments

• DSC014155.JPG
    DSC014155.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 56

mustangrooster

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from northeast Texas! I have hair sheep, people call them goats all the time. Glad you joined us and I hope you like to "talk" a LOT! :lol:

Thankyou! Ooohhh poor sheep! :D =D Welll.............yes, yes indeed ;)

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the pictures! What breed of dog is that? Gorgeous! I have a brindle dog (primarily black though, I would call yours reverse brindle but I hear other people call it the opposite).

mustangrooster

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ah! I remember, i forgot to add we have a Buffalo. Not exactly ours, he likes to wander around and surprise me at random moments, gives me a fright...........as we are surrounded by stations and hundreds of acres, the cows aren't exactly ours. They are always on our land however, so i consider myself responsible for them, sometimes......
DSC00158.JPG

DSC.jpg

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00230.JPG
DSC00796g.jpg

Edited pic-28.jpg
DSCF6905 (2).JPG

DSC00449.JPG
DSCF6266.JPG

Attachments

• Binji.jpg
    Binji.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 58

mustangrooster

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Love the pictures! What breed of dog is that? Gorgeous! I have a brindle dog (primarily black though, I would call yours reverse brindle but I hear other people call it the opposite).

Thankyou! Yes, shes an adorable little egg sucker........literally. Shes a Bull Arab x Pitty. Aw, i love Brindle dogs! Yes, its a bit confusing as to which one is called a reverse Brindle.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all the pics so far! I saw flowing water... Where abouts in the very large country/continent called Australia, are you located? You mention heat, and the water, makes me think north and possibly east side... I know it could be virtually anywhere, but that's my guess :) Hope you don't have to deal with salties as well as all the very dangerous snakes you have there (which I would be fascinated to go out and hunt for :hide).

Edit To Add (ETA): Since you have so many pics to post, and I'm quite sure will have many folks to discuss things with, you may want to consider starting your own journal. It's not really difficult and many of us have them up and running. Just go here: https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/

At the top of the page on the right there is a "button" that says "Post New Thread" When you click that (I tend to always right click and select to open in a new tab... that way I don't lose my previous place and it helps limit me from straying too far from where I started.) it opens the post window. Give your journal a title/name (It must start with your screen name) then jump right in and post away :clap

Last edited:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fabulous idea there @Latestarter! @mustangrooster, you really aught to do a journal. I'm afraid I'm not too good on Australian geography, but I did read a book "A Town Like Alice" that was set in cattle country. If you are in that neck of the woods you surely know what hot is.