Geese question

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So I wanted to ask which geese breeds are calmest and quietest?

This seems fun to learn about also.

They are interesting.

The efficiency of being able to feed them at nearly no cost seems very interesting to me, especially given that there's a lot of instability in the markets and the country.

(I had also wondered if there's a way to have them in city limits, in an urban neighborhood also? But I put that question on another forum.)

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pilgrim geese are very quiet and non-aggressive. They can also be sexed by color. Males are white, females grey.

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pilgrim geese are very quiet and non-aggressive. They can also be sexed by color. Males are white, females grey.

Thank you very much.

Do you that means its possible to raise them in a backyard that's inside city limits?

They sound wonderful.

Thanks.

karyturpin

Just born
Reaction score

They are interesting.

The efficiency of being able to feed them at nearly no cost seems very interesting to me, especially given that there's a lot of instability in the markets and the country.
happy wheels
(I had also wondered if there's a way to have them in city limits, in an urban neighborhood also? But I put that question on another forum.)
Buffs and Pilgrims are the calmest geese in my experience.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar

They are interesting.

The production Toulouse geese are also pretty calm. They are also better broodies than more common breed. Buff and cotton patch geese are also comparatively better mom's, but they are smaller than Toulouse.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
Thank you very much.

Do you that means its possible to raise them in a backyard that's inside city limits?

They sound wonderful.

Thanks.

I wouldn't advice you to raise them in city. Even the quietest breed will get loud for the city authorities comfort during the breeding season.