1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting into goats

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amaggio, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Aug 3, 2019
    Amaggio

Amaggio Chillin' with the herd

Hi everyone, my name's Allison and I'm looking into adding goats to my homestead. Im really interested in dairy goats, either nubian or dwarf Nigerian. I already have ducks and chickens and belong to the sister site Backyard Chicken. I find communities like this very helpful so I'm hoping to learn and gain support for this next adventure.

B&B Happy goats and AmberLops like this.
  2. Aug 3, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

Welcome to BYH from Tennessee!! :frow:welcome
    Lots of goat people on here to answer all your questions!

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  3. Aug 3, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Welcome to the herd, from Florida, used to have nubians, now I am having a love affair with my nigerian dwarfs:highfive: there are lots of helpful people here and a wealth of information to read, enjoy yourself and look around :thumbsup

AmberLops likes this.
  4. Aug 30, 2019
    animalmom

animalmom Herd Master

A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State... where the stars at night ARE big and bright!

Glad you found us, tickled pink you are posting.

A gentle suggestion, please and thank you, would be for you to put a general location on your profile. No it doesn't mean we come and chat you up, rather it helps us give you better advise. Something that would be useful in Maine may not apply at all in Arizona.

Goats are addicting. I started with 2 Nigerian Dwarfs and now have 19 and every one of them is a cutie and a joy. That's not counting the chickens, geese, ducks (got to be careful typing that word) and rabbits. Then there are the dogs. Life is busy.

AmberLops and B&B Happy goats like this.
  5. Aug 30, 2019
    animalmom

animalmom Herd Master

A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State... where the stars at night ARE big and bright!

Glad you found us, tickled pink you are posting.

A gentle suggestion, please and thank you, would be for you to put a general location on your profile. No it doesn't mean we come and chat you up, rather it helps us give you better advise. Something that would be useful in Maine may not apply at all in Arizona.

Goats are addicting. I started with 2 Nigerian Dwarfs and now have 19 and every one of them is a cutie and a joy. That's not counting the chickens, geese, ducks (got to be careful typing that word) and rabbits. Then there are the dogs. Life is busy.

AmberLops likes this.
  6. Aug 30, 2019
    animalmom

animalmom Herd Master

Well what the heck, anything worth saying is worth saying it two or three times. Sigh.

AmberLops and B&B Happy goats like this.