Getting into goats

Amaggio

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name's Allison and I'm looking into adding goats to my homestead. Im really interested in dairy goats, either nubian or dwarf Nigerian. I already have ducks and chickens and belong to the sister site Backyard Chicken. I find communities like this very helpful so I'm hoping to learn and gain support for this next adventure.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the herd, from Florida, used to have nubians, now I am having a love affair with my nigerian dwarfs:highfive: there are lots of helpful people here and a wealth of information to read, enjoy yourself and look around :thumbsup

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State... where the stars at night ARE big and bright!

Glad you found us, tickled pink you are posting.

A gentle suggestion, please and thank you, would be for you to put a general location on your profile. No it doesn't mean we come and chat you up, rather it helps us give you better advise. Something that would be useful in Maine may not apply at all in Arizona.

Goats are addicting. I started with 2 Nigerian Dwarfs and now have 19 and every one of them is a cutie and a joy. That's not counting the chickens, geese, ducks (got to be careful typing that word) and rabbits. Then there are the dogs. Life is busy.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State... where the stars at night ARE big and bright!

Glad you found us, tickled pink you are posting.

A gentle suggestion, please and thank you, would be for you to put a general location on your profile. No it doesn't mean we come and chat you up, rather it helps us give you better advise. Something that would be useful in Maine may not apply at all in Arizona.

Goats are addicting. I started with 2 Nigerian Dwarfs and now have 19 and every one of them is a cutie and a joy. That's not counting the chickens, geese, ducks (got to be careful typing that word) and rabbits. Then there are the dogs. Life is busy.

Latest posts