Gift from the Neighbour

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a gift we got from the neighbor yesterday! Our neighbours daughter usually raises Jersey Heifers for 4H club but decided this year that she wanted to raise sheep instead. They had already bred one of their girls to sexed semen and their cow gave birth to a Jersey Heifer Calf 5 days ago. They called us and asked us if we could raise her, so of course I said yes :)

We named her Sassy. I am working on grabbing another angus bottle calf to give her a buddy. I was going to take it easy on bottle calves this year but this just may have started something :weee

Sassy2.jpg
Sassy1.jpg

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ones at the dairy were Jerseys. There was one with white patches that was really sweet, sucking on my fingers. Of course he only sells the bull calves so it would be hard for me to raise them from a baby and then eat them. I would rather have a cow and let her raise them and let me stay more detached. I could milk her, use the bulls for meat and sell the heifers or swap heifers for bull calves. I have it all figured out...now the time and the facilities.

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The ones at the dairy were Jerseys. There was one with white patches that was really sweet, sucking on my fingers. Of course he only sells the bull calves so it would be hard for me to raise them from a baby and then eat them. I would rather have a cow and let her raise them and let me stay more detached. I could milk her, use the bulls for meat and sell the heifers or swap heifers for bull calves. I have it all figured out...now the time and the facilities.

It's hard not to get attached I get that! My jersey this year had a bull calf and he is now a pet. Cant seem to part with the little guy.

I just picked up an Angus bottle calf, paid way too much for, it...$400 for a 2 week old Angus. I am getting him at 4pm, I will upload some pictures later.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the heifer!
:weee:weee
Love the eyes:love

Latest posts