1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Ear Tags - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger’s and my first batch of bunnies.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Carla D, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Feb 20, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

Meet Ginger. I haven’t been able to determine if she’s a Mini Lop or a Holland Lop. I adopted her shortly after the new year. She was one of the two rabbits I adopted from my niece. She believed her to be pure breed but had no papers. That’s fine by me. She’s a pet and a producer of pet rabbits. This is a couple of weeks before we bred her with our not-so-small lion head/mini Rex mix.
    98B2A65D-DF5E-4A4A-994A-20918E891A5A.jpeg

Here’s the father to the soon to be released babies.
    D6D028F1-9436-4163-BE3F-5EA99A8D4784.jpeg

This is a video of her getting settled into her new quarters this morning.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Rammy likes this.
  2. Feb 20, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

When I went to the farm to do chores and check on her and the dwarfs she looked miserable. Downright grouchy. She had her “I can’t wait til this pregnancy business is done with. Don’t touch me.” face on. She’s always been a cuddle bug. Now she will only tolerate a couple gentle strokes along her side. I’m trying really hard to not disrupt her not so quite serene serenity right now. But she looks so miserable. I may be way wrong about this. I don’t think she’s going to make it all the way to Saturday which is day 31 for her. I’m thinking she’ll be a day early. Is that a possibility? She is over a year old, her first litter. But I don’t think she’s a year and a half old yet either. What are the chances?

Rammy likes this.
  3. Feb 20, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

Somehow I made two, possibly three threads that are almost identical. I only need one of them. How do I fix this problem?

This is the one I want to keep, if admin or someone else can delete the other two for me, please.

Rammy likes this.
  4. Feb 21, 2019
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

5. Feb 21, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

Possibly too graphic pictures.

I’m not sure about Gingers condition or status. This might be a wait and see type of thing. To me she looks thinner in the back half. I looked through the kennel she’s in. I didn’t find any babies or signs of her having delivered last night-this morning. She’s still pretty grumpy. So pulled her out and gave her a look/see. She had no signs of having nursed, in fact she didn’t look to have any milk supply. I did look at her bottom. I’ve never really looked very close or this closely to my rabbits genitalia. I did take a picture. I’m not sure if what I’d seen were signs of her having delivered anything. Possibly poor hygiene. It didn’t look bloody. Does anyone have any ideas about what might have happened? Or am I a position where I just need to wait and see?
    84BA1630-040A-4045-A7AB-9A95DF48741A.jpeg BC8C7789-BEBB-499C-8FC7-8A352E7FBE2A.jpeg

She dis appear to be nesting. I had a small litter box in there. It had recycled, clean paper like stuff in it. She was trying to pull the box out of the corner and tip it over. After a moment of her working on that I went in and dumped it for her, in that corner. She moved the material around a bit but then she stretched and laid her head in her freshly fluffed stuff. What was that about? Was that nesting or her in a bad mood?

Rammy likes this.
  6. Feb 21, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Carla, just wait and see, her lady parts look normal.....she will have them when its time....my first kits from Queenie were born on day 35....Dutchess had hers on day 31....good luck, your rabbits are very pretty :)

7. Feb 21, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

Thank you. I was thinking it was going to be a wait and see thing. I really hope hope she does have some babies. I’m curious to see what will come out of a Lop and upright ears rabbit mating can make. A Lop with floppy ears? A bop with upright ears? Or a flop with one of each ears?

Rammy and B&B Happy goats like this.
  8. Feb 21, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

As long as they are not sloppy ears :lol:....she should be fine :bunny:bunny:bunny

Rammy likes this.
  9. Feb 21, 2019
    Carla D

Carla D True BYH Addict

10. Feb 21, 2019
    goatgurl

goatgurl Herd Master

just leave her alone, the more you fuss and hover the longer she will keep them hostage. I love her grumpy face in yesterdays video. hopefully all will go well and you'll be showing us pictures of cute babies in a few days.