Glen Mar Farm Kidding 2016

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow... that is so sad. :hit :hugs Condolences on your loss(es). Best wishes for the TWO surviving kids.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about Stella :( It's hard even when you know you did all you could. Good luck with the two kids.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes. All babies from Stella and Iris are good. I'm really going to miss Stella. She was the bossiest goat in the field. She was a great milker with a beautiful head. Just goes to show you not to take anything for granted.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so so sorry GLENMAR :hit

Loosing a doe that has been with you is so hard. It is so hard to put into words, people who haven't experienced the bonds you form with these milk does will never truly understand. We went thru this back in November, we lost one of top does. She was one of the gentlest, sweetest goats you could ask for. She had one of the best udders in the herd. She was my baby and had so many quirks that I miss dearly. I am sad to say we didn't have any does out of her, but we do have her sons. She was pregnant when we lost her, that made it even harder. I can handle loosing a kid, but a doe? I can't handle that. It just shouldn't happen.

Hugs to you :hugs :hugs:hugs:hugs

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Goat Whisperer. You are so right. Milking these does twice a day and spending so much time with them bonds us to them more. Stella had such a strong personality. She will be so missed. She was always the first to come up to me in the field. Always the first to get milked etc...
Most of my replies have been short because it's been really busy around here. I'll post some photos next week.
I'm still coming to grips with what happened and wondering if I could have done something to have prevented what happened to her.