Goat abortions?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, you didn't get frisky impregnate your doelings, so no judgement necessary. You're dealing with a species and a breed of that species that CAN get pregnant before they can safely carry it to term and deliver (as babies!). If left to nature, nature would cull them via death by delivery until they were seasonal like normal goats or wide as barrels. You're trying to keep them alive and give them a future (a future at all!). Oops early bred doelings often die with impossibly stuck kids. If anyone judges you they're nuts and not worth heeding.

(Lol, I judge DADDY BUCK GOAT. Look how much he cares.)

SaanenMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Lute usually works on goats within 36 hours. I've used it several times for abortions and to schedule deliveries and it rarely took longer than that. Maybe cows are different?

About 18 yrs ago, while dealing with the husband's health issues, I realized that the girls weren't cycling, talked to the vet and he suggested that I give them Lutelyse...I did to 3 does. Within 48 hrs, on Thanksgiving day, two of the does passed approximately 3 mth old kids. The 3d doe passed her twins at 105 hrs. So sometimes, it does take longer.

Isaac

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just let them be and see what happens. They should be fine; we bread ours there first year and they do fine. one even had two!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not the biggest fan of the abortion stuff. But I agree it depend on the size of the animal in question on whether or not they can handle the pregnancy. I have nubian mixed so breeding early isn't to much of a concerned since they only come into heat during certian months.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, just heard from the vet...no one is bred!! Just fat!!🤣❤️ So, I don’t recommend using the P-Test! Now I’m going to make sure that , we’ll the fence is now bulletproof..but, I’m also go8ng to learn to take blood..,ugh

ok...this thread...thankfully..gets to END!

Latest posts