Goat Behavior after kidding

Georgia Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have 2 does that kidded about 4 weeks ago. I separated each during their labor and delivery and for about a week after. Since that time I have repeatedly tried to get the does and their babies back together and when I do the does head but each other and try to attack each others kids. One of the does has horns and this really makes things bad as I am worried she may do some damage with her horns. Am I just stuck now with both having to be kept in separate pens which would really be a hassle or will they adjust as their kids age? Or should i put babies who also fight in one pen and try letting the does out together.

Georgia Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They all will work it out, i would let the two does out alone together for short spells, then let one family out, and about a hour later let the next family out with them....let the dehorned family out first.
Thanks, my main concern is that one of my does has horns and the other doesn't. The one with the horns goes primarily after the other does utter. Guess I will get out the foam tubes. Thanks again for your help.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are just being protective mothers, they will get over is in a few weeks, letting the de horned goat and kid out first will let them " claim " a area....the horned goat will find her own for her and her kids...in no time they will hang together and be a happy herd :thumbsup

Latest posts