Goat getting worse and worse

aisha3789

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We got a new goat and I am thinking he got shipping fever that turned into pneumonia. Here is the timeline in short...
First he had a dry cough with no fever and no other symptoms so I gave him dewormer in case it was lung worms. Shortly after he got a fever and the cough turned wet with a runny nose (clear) and then I talked to the vet and started him on Enrofloxacin IM injections for 3 days and aspirin for the fever. On the third day he has shown no improvement, the cough has more mucus sound, and he has more runny nose which is now yellowish color. I gave him 3cc Robitussin for the cough and he got diarrhea.
The enrofloxacin was discontinued and today I started him on Penicillin G.
I also have been drenching him with electrolyte but prior to that I seen him urinate and grunting with pain while he urinated. Why would he have pain on urination?? Dehydration?

Can anyone give me some advice please. The vet here is severely uneducated and even tried to tell me to give my little 19kg goat 4 cc of enrofloxacin when the vial clearly says for goats 0.5 cc per 20 kg. We have had many chickens suddenly die after following his advice and I dont trust him at all anymore.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was the stream normal? Pain on urination usually means stones. Urinary Calculi.
Do you have apple cider vinegar?