Goat halters too small... What next?

Spokeless Wheel

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My 250lb+ pack goats have outgrown their XL goat halters. What's the next size up; llama? Miniature horse? Anyone figured out a good step up? Thought I'd get some input before throwing money at experiments :)
You could check out a local livestock feed/tack store to compare the different sizes and styles of halters available.

Pinecones

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The halter is a success! I can see why people didn't like them for miniature horses. The straps are only 3/4" thick or so. Maybe 5/8". But the metal links are solid, and it has two points of adjustment. It fits all of my boys very well. I love that the neck strap sits quite low on the neck- since it's connected to the chin strap, it can't pull off forward over hornless goats. Basically this halter can rest very loose on their nose and noggin, but still refuse to pop off. I think it's just what I was hoping for!

Far too large for the does, but I have regular goat halters for them.

I'm buying a pile for the big boys :)
They're "Tough-1" branded, "small size", advertized as "Miniature horse halter". Tough-1 Mini Horse Halters Small.

Edit: If One wanted to chop it up and shorten the cheek straps, it would fit better on a smaller goat.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 5.50.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 5.50.17 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 74

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The halter is a success! I can see why people didn't like them for miniature horses. The straps are only 3/4" thick or so. Maybe 5/8". But the metal links are solid, and it has two points of adjustment. It fits all of my boys very well. I love that the neck strap sits quite low on the neck- since it's connected to the chin strap, it can't pull off forward over hornless goats. Basically this halter can rest very loose on their nose and noggin, but still refuse to pop off. I think it's just what I was hoping for!

Far too large for the does, but I have regular goat halters for them.

I'm buying a pile for the big boys :)
They're "Tough-1" branded, "small size", advertized as "Miniature horse halter". Tough-1 Mini Horse Halters Small.

Edit: If One wanted to chop it up and shorten the cheek straps, it would fit better on a smaller goat.
Thanks for the update!

Latest posts