Goat hand milking machine, anybody?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're under the weather again Sadie... Hope you can kick it soon and get back to "normal". Feel better!

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow! I notice the quotation marks around "normal". You guys know me too well, already! I do wish I felt more like myself, though. This bug has done a number on my colon, and I won't go into details, so don't worry. Suffice it to say I fear sneezing and coughing lately. I don't mind not having much of an appetite, I need to loose weight, anyway! I do miss spending time with my aminals, and none of my projects seem to get done without me. Arrgh! I need to learn to crack the whip around here and get my kids to work hard with just my encouragement. hahaha! The boys are 17 and 20 and Kim is 13 going on 30. I think it's too late. They love "helping me", but not without me in the middle of it all!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
There will come a time later in life when they'll be a HUGE help... whether you need (want) it or not ;) Are any of us "normal"? Really? I think you seem to be...

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
They love "helping me", but not without me in the middle of it all!

LOL- My children will do anything ever asked of them but yes... it is true... they still love mom in the middle. I think because growing up we did everything together and "mom" just made it fun... just being together. I know when I was hospitalized 2x last year they did the necessary things but once I got home they weren't lazy they just wanted to be around mom... I think it makes them feel like everything is "ok". "Normal"

This afternoon is a good example- kitchen cabinets have gotten into disarray... lots of people in our house, so it happens ... anyway I had 4 kids that were each givien a group of cabinets, one kid a "junk" drawer, and one the utility closet, another ran to the store for more windex... and then sorting the cookbooks... We were ALL together so to speak ( well for the people that were home that is) and we laughed, were silly, and it just made short work of a rather big project. :)

My one son was insistent that all the canned goods should be placed in alphabetical order. I insisted on grouping by content. He was not happy about it and said when he grows up he and his wife will have their goods alphabetized.:\ Yep- No OCD issues here... :lol:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alphabetized canned goods. :lol: I have to know which son that was, that is just too funny and he might have to look for a good long time to find a wife to go along with that idea. They better discuss that in premarital counseling ;)

I'm lucky to get mine in the cupboard.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I am following this as I will be looking for a milker soon!

@Southern by choice

I once put our movies in Alphabetical order... FOr many years I did this... THen I got married and he didn't put them back correctly, and others who were in the house as well, and I was constantly frustrated :lol:

NOW they are just ordered in their genera according to what we watch most. SO much easier! I feel the same about my canned goods as well :gig

Latest posts